• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Alternative uses for your table mount

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok, we know about the 100's of uses for noodles. How about alt. uses for table mounts?

Stripper Pole mods...check
BBQ grills....check
Flag holders....check
Fishing rod holders...check
A place to store your cheese whiz???...yep, check!

Eat your hearts out you guys with new boats and fancy side mount table holders. This is a retro photo I found while packing my desk. Notice its almost a perfect fit!

cheeze whiz.jpg

We used the swim deck one to hold a small umbrella .... No as cool as a CheeseWiz holder though

I think the lack of a table mount hole and old style poles on the new boats are a step in the wrong direction. The tables and mounts are much harder to deal with, and they are not near as sturdy. The first person that leans on that new table will crack the glass where it is mounted. So appreciate your cheese whiz holder!

Cheese wiz sounds good right now...LOL

Hmmm cheese whiz enema has potential!

I've often wondered if you could make a ski pylon for the table mount in the floor. Tower in our lake will not go under the bridges. I would like to get some without having to lower to go under bridges. Not looking for anymore than what you normally see in a common inboard ski boat.

I doubt it, that would be a lot of side weight at the floor. You would have to think of the leverage point right there.....

I've often wondered if you could make a ski pylon for the table mount in the floor. Tower in our lake will not go under the bridges. I would like to get some without having to lower to go under bridges. Not looking for anymore than what you normally see in a common inboard ski boat.

It would likely work of you strapped it to cleats at the four corners. The straps would need to be sufficient to reduce the load on the table mount to the downward force. The table mount is not strong enough to handle the lateral force.

Hmmm cheese whiz enema has potential!
Ha Ha, you beat me to it @gthh. I was thinking the same thing if someone sat on it accidently. Maybe have to put that warning sticker from the back of the boat up there only modify it a little. "severe internal injuries can occur if cheese Whiz is forced into body cavities (rectum and vagina) as a result of sitting on the Cheese Whiz nozzle."

Ha Ha, you beat me to it @gthh. I was thinking the same thing if someone sat on it accidently. Maybe have to put that warning sticker from the back of the boat up there only modify it a little. "severe internal injuries can occur if cheese Whiz is forced into body cavities (rectum and vagina) as a result of sitting on the Cheese Whiz nozzle."
The imagery is sophmoric but compelling! WOT and oops! my bad-Trip to an emergency room

I think the lack of a table mount hole and old style poles on the new boats are a step in the wrong direction. The tables and mounts are much harder to deal with, and they are not near as sturdy. The first person that leans on that new table will crack the glass where it is mounted. So appreciate your cheese whiz holder!

I agree, the only advantage is a solid piece of carpet, otherwise not nearly as sturdy and versatile. the center mount never got in the way before and could stand up to my kids leaning on the table.

I agree, the only advantage is a solid piece of carpet, otherwise not nearly as sturdy and versatile. the center mount never got in the way before and could stand up to my kids leaning on the table.
I am very concerned about the side mount in the cockpit. It is flimsy and will probably spider crack that wall where the mount is located. I am considering buttering a resin coated plywood backer and installing it behind the mount, and adding longer screws to sandwich the wall instead of flexing it. Then just put the compartment carpet back over it It would serve two purposes, the first of which is the stiffener to the wall, but the second and added benefit, would be an additional internal mounting surface for buses, switches, etc. Speaking of stiffeners, no not those!...there is a stiffener on the starboard side @jawsf16 behind the carpet that doesn't do anything? Any idea what that is there for? It is just a small thickened area of the wall.

I am actually considering moving my table mount on the swim platform inward about a foot. But only if I end up mounting my speakers on that wall. If I do, I will move both the stereo remote and the table mount inward to allow the speakers at a more separated position...and allow the table more usefulness to the starboard passenger. You would still be able to walk in and out of the cockpit with the table mounted further inward, but the port passenger would have to cross the leg to sit. We have played with this idea, it may work but it may be less convenient for a passenger there.

A number of people have used the table base as a fix point for their Pylon. I have a pylon and don't use it as the base for the pylon spreads the weight out better....IMHO.

Fix point yes but not a stand alone point of support. There would need to be other directions of support......that being said the factory tow hook baffles me as well. That doesn't look like it would hold up too well either but it does. "Shrug"

Back