• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anode locations

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
A short discussion about anodes led me to post as a separate topic.

What are the locations of the anodes on our boat? The owner's manual and service manual shows them only being located on the sides of the pump. The parts diagram show additional anodes on the intake grates.

My question then, where are ALL of the anode locations on our boats?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Never heard of anodes on the intake grates. There are anodes on the pumps (or below the pumps) depending on the year. There are also anodes in the engines. On an MR-1 motor it is part # 13 in the image below:

image.jpg

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a pic of the anode on my "ride plate" or intake grate.
Anode.JPG

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great topic. Julians post has got me wondering and I will have to take a closer look at my engine, but... can #13 above be changed out? On the drawing it appears that it can be.

paul075

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is one of my internal anodes after 2 years and 75hrs in brackish or salt water. I flush after every trip.anode.jpg

paul075

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great topic. Julians post has got me wondering and I will have to take a closer look at my engine, but... can #13 above be changed out? On the drawing it appears that it can be.
Yes they can, but mine were a PITA to get out. I silicone greased the crap out of them when I put the new ones back in.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here is one of my internal anodes after 2 years and 75hrs in brackish or salt water. I flush after every trip.View attachment 3127
Was this on side engine like on the old MR-1's? Got a pic of the location on your 2012?

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes on the side, same block as the l0d motor. No pic will try to take one.
cool and Thanks!.....so do you replace these every year due to being in salt water?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow. Glad I don't fight salt water on my boat. I just watch my cars dissolve into orange spots on the garage floor. Here are my anodes with about 300 hours of fresh water use.
IMG_0750rev1.jpg IMG_0760rev1.jpg

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd like some better reference as to where that engine anode is exactly. I could probably find it with that parts reference but some real world pics would prove invaluable for myself and those after me. ☺

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. Glad I don't fight salt water on my boat. I just watch my cars dissolve into orange spots on the garage floor. Here are my anodes with about 300 hours of fresh water use.
View attachment 10138 View attachment 10139
@buckbuck & @Geoff Cooper i have a persistent hot water leak on my engine since it was pulled for repair. Im wondering if the mechanic pulled this and didn't secure it back 100%. if so, I think this might be the culprit. Do you have a picture, or can you describe where this anode housing is located on the engine block? The parts diagram is pretty vague. Thanks in advance.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Starboard side right under the #4 exhaust. Just to the rear of the block cooling lines.
IMG_0981.JPG