• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another new owner from OH

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi all... First time boat owner checking in! We finally pulled the trigger yesterday and bought our first boat.
The wife has been wanting a boat for the family for awhile, so after a lot of research we picked up a 2016 SX192 in black. I was initially sold on the SX190, but couldn't resist the added features on the 192. I am very excited about getting back on the water. I used to own a 1990 Kaw 550 Jetski back in the day, but now owning a boat takes it to the next level of course.

Attachments

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome. Your family is going to have a lot of fun.

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Welcome!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi all... First time boat owner checking in! We finally pulled the trigger yesterday and bought our first boat.
The wife has been wanting a boat for the family for awhile, so after a lot of research we picked up a 2016 SX192 in black. I was initially sold on the SX190, but couldn't resist the added features on the 192. I am very excited about getting back on the water. I used to own a 1990 Kaw 550 Jetski back in the day, but now owning a boat takes it to the next level of course.
Welcome. ...you will enjoy all the info available on this forum!

Where's the pictures ?;)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Matt J Great boat, congratulations!
The fit and finish on the new 2016s is outstanding.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you join us, be sure to check out the FAQ for lot's of great info

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man....another Ohio member. You guys sure have some high IQs over there :).

Looks great on the trailer, but make sure to send some pics once you splash it.

As mentioned, lots of great information on this site to help with regular maintenance, cool stuff to add-on, or just asking questions to make sure that everything is tip-top. I have been reviewing this site regularly for 4 months now and I am still learning of things that I need to do or things to consider doing.

Congrats and Welcome!!

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome @Matt J I bought the same boat and having a blast with it. I'm only 15-20 minutes from you so don't hesitate to hit me up.

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome...Thanks for the welcomes guys!!!!! Just got back from signing the paperwork. Taking delivery Monday, so more pics to come. I can't wait to get it into the water.

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So.....Picked up the SX192 today. Happy with the buying process@ Lodders Marine/Fairfield, OH. There is a scratch on the left 192SX sticker that we noticed when we were finished with the delivery checklist they go over. The salesmen...Marty which is awesome said they are going to order a new sticker and remove and replace as a warranty claim.
My buddy and I took it straight from the dealer to the lake for a little spin this evening. Typical for the first time owning a boat (at least for me) I guess, but while driving down 75 the bimini cover flew off :( My buddy was following me in his truck, so he went back to locate it. Luckily it blew off to the right and not back into traffic, so I got it back on. So after a successful launch I couldn't get any thrust when putting boat into rev. It took me a few minutes to realize the clean out plug probably was not seated properly. I am still getting used to the low speed maneuvering.... Pretty stressed out docking, and putting back on the trailer. All in all had a blast, and with a little practice I am sure things will get better.

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
nice ride. congrats. I can relate relate to stressful docking, lasted about 5 dockings. You'll get the hang of it.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard @Matt J. Cheers to making the best out of whatever summer we have left here in Ohio!

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats. Got mine at Lodders too!
Thanks...Great people right? Wish I would have haggled on the price more, but very happy with the boat.

nice ride. congrats. I can relate relate to stressful docking, lasted about 5 dockings. You'll get the hang of it.
Yes sir!! Practice practice........
Welcome aboard @Matt J. Cheers to making the best out of whatever summer we have left here in Ohio!
Yeah... It sucks I have to go out of town for a few days for work, so will be jonesing to go boating until this weekend. :} Hopefully it will be like last year, and we will have some warm days late this year.

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Congrats @Matt J. Marty was my salesman also. He must have forgot about the cover. He tied a small bungee around mine before I left for that exact reason. I feel your pain with reverse. It's pretty much nonexistent. Loading will only get better the more experience you get. If you were at Ceasars Creek tonight don't feel bad. I put in around 6pm tonight and the wind made it extremely hard.

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats @Matt J. Marty was my salesman also. He must have forgot about the cover. He tied a small bungee around mine before I left for that exact reason. I feel your pain with reverse. It's pretty much nonexistent. Loading will only get better the more experience you get. If you were at Ceasars Creek tonight don't feel bad. I put in around 6pm tonight and the wind made it extremely hard.
I probably just missed you if you were at the north launch ramp. I was thinking while I was out running around that it seemed a little choppy and windy. I knew it would be challenging especially for a newbie :}

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Evenings it normally is not as bad as it was tonight. I always go out of Wellman Meadows. I give you props doing North Pool on your first outing. It's always twice as rough there.

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Evenings it normally is not as bad as it was tonight. I always go out of Wellman Meadows. I give you props doing North Pool on your first outing. It's always twice as rough there.
Good to know! Thanks! I see on Google maps where Wellman Meadows ramp is. I will have to go to that one next time out.