• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Antenna Mount - Quick and Easy

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Well, while waiting for Yamaha to ship my boat⏳, I thought to prepare few things. Here is a quick an easy Tower Antennas Mount (adjustable).

Rockville MACSwivel Clamp + AIS Plastic Mount (used the same bolts that came with the mount).

71ED0D31-D581-4519-A7F1-48F643BA768F.jpegD238980D-3E6A-4D58-9CEC-4C52D363D85A.jpeg

Nice Job!

We did about the same thing to mount an antenna for last year's Jetboater's Bimini run. Just didn't have the heart to drill another hole when we don't use radios on lakes.

We used a very solid Dolphin rod holder as the base clamp, removed the rod holder funnel and mounted a steel plate that I drilled and tapped to fit a Shakespeare mount. Worked VERY well, and was temporary.

Will post photos when I get the boat out of storage for the upcoming season.

Nice Job!

We did about the same thing to mount an antenna for last year's Jetboater's Bimini run. Just didn't have the heart to drill another hole when we don't use radios on lakes.

We used a very solid Dolphin rod holder as the base clamp, removed the rod holder funnel and mounted a steel plate that I drilled and tapped to fit a Shakespeare mount. Worked VERY well, and was temporary.

Will post photos when I get the boat out of storage for the upcoming season.

I wish Yamaha takes these considerations in future boats’ design; i.e. add provisions for antennas, rod holders and other equipment such as radios and AIS equipment. It would be nice to have.

Yet, this what makes it more fun: keeping us busy working on these boats ??

Back