• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any positive thoughts on FSH 210

Prodock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m leaning toward an FSH 210 for my next boat. Currently have a 2006 Triumph 190 bay and it is good for what we do but is getting up in age and I’m thinking about another boat to last me the next 15 years or so. We live in coastal Carolina, saltwater but generally not weedy. We do a little trolling for Spanish Mackerel and Bluefish along with the occasional run 10-15 miles out to bottom fish. Our normal day includes a sandbar stop on the ICW on our way back in. Normally 2 people, but living at the beach means we sometimes might have 8. I’ve seen a few of the negative posts, but think the layout of the 210 along with its good points might be a good fit for what we do, so I’m looking for those that actually own a 210 fsh and their experience.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
For what I do with the boat, I love it. Now, let me explain what I do. I don’t really fish. I love the CC layout, more open floor space without going to a (yawn) pontoon boat. I spend 90-95% of my time in fresh water. Lakes and a few rivers mostly, we spend 8-10 days a year on the gulf coast near Destin, FL. This boat is perfect for what I need, and for the $ I don’t think I could find anything better. Now, I’ll try and talk you out of it if you are 100% coastal waters. Hardcore fishing is not this boat’s forte. Depending what kind of trolling you do an outboard would probably suit you better. If you are in big water an offshore boat would suit you better. This hull is acceptable in up to 2’, and with trim tabs I think I improved the ride quite a bit. Lake Michigan in 2’ was not uncomfortable by any means. Bottom line, when life gets me to the gulf eventually (10 years) this boat will go in favor of something a bit bigger and better suited. I won’t be thrilled about spending $20,000 more for a 3’ bigger boat, but I guess I’ll just have to find a way to live with myself.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It will work great. Dependable plenty of speed and power I fish in the Keys with it and love it. Don’t forget you sit here and read just about the problems of the boat. Any boat will have issues, this is a great layout and a great boat for the $$. You get the whole package includes trailer also. The boat runs fine without any mods to it. This is like a place where people like to tune their car to make it a little better, but it works fine without all the jazz added. I love getting on my FSH I got it because of not much maintenance 10 hour service and 100 hour service by dealer that’s it but all the time in between I just get on and turn the key, it is a Yamaha. Just like my quad and my golf cart I have never had a problem with either one mechanically. Enjoy your new boat you will most of the time, if you just want to get in a boat and actually enjoy it it is a great boat.
Jim

Prodock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. I’ve heard and read lots of negative things about plastic Triumph boats, but I’ve had mine nearly 15 years and really love it, as I do my 115 Yamaha. I don’t go out of the inlet if it’s rough, as that isn’t enjoyable to fish in no matter what I’m in. I want a safe reliable boat that is easy to sandbar hop (I’m not young anymore and continue to get less so every day. Lol) and can handle getting in and out of the inlet. If we strictly ran offshore, there are other boats I would get...I’ve looked at some...but getting in and out at sandbars for picnics on the ICW would be a pain. I will test drive one before a purchase of course, but really wanted to see if anyone had any positive thoughts because message boards are often over ran by a few that have had problems.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
These boats make amazing all round utility boats. They do not make great fishing only platforms. So when you test drive it, be sure you test if for trolling. I fish off my 242X, and we troll and deep drop fish every time we go to bimini. These are the issues with it:

1. Trolling requires a significant amount more steering input to maintain a straight line. The boats love to drift off in circle and will do so easily and relatively quickly compared to a boat with a huge outdrive or outboat on the back.
  2. Deep drop fishing is not as easy because when you put the boat in neutral, the props are still spinning, this means you are blowing bubbles straight down in the water below the boat. The result is as soon as you take the boat out of gear, you lose fish finder imaging (I just bought a new Garmin 94 with the GT51 transducer hoping this would help...it didn't).
Does that mean you can't fish off these boat...no. But it is something you will want to be aware of before you buy one. Especially if you are thinking of this MAINLY for fishing.

The stern layout is FANTASTIC for deep drop fishing (heck...any fishing), hanging out, and is always the favorite boat to hang out at when confronted with the options of large flat transoms with only a swim platform or no swim platform. Great for anything you do in the water! Easy to throw snorkeling gear up on after swimming, using a a place to put bait, snacks, drinks etc!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks for the replies. I’ve heard and read lots of negative things about plastic Triumph boats, but I’ve had mine nearly 15 years and really love it, as I do my 115 Yamaha. I don’t go out of the inlet if it’s rough, as that isn’t enjoyable to fish in no matter what I’m in. I want a safe reliable boat that is easy to sandbar hop (I’m not young anymore and continue to get less so every day. Lol) and can handle getting in and out of the inlet. If we strictly ran offshore, there are other boats I would get...I’ve looked at some...but getting in and out at sandbars for picnics on the ICW would be a pain. I will test drive one before a purchase of course, but really wanted to see if anyone had any positive thoughts because message boards are often over ran by a few that have had problems.
I would like to say, my previous post sounds like I’m down on the boat. Quite the opposite, I love it for what I do. If this is your plan for the boat, then I think it’ll suit your needs perfectly. Oh, and if you get a 2020 model look at the white/ sea foam/black color combo. I’m jealous of that one.

Prodock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the good info everyone. That confirms what my thoughts were. I’ll check with my closest dealer about a sea trial, but real info is invaluable. It sounds like as close to the best fit for what we do as I’ve found. We do fish, but if I wouldn’t want to go out in my old 18’ 6” bay boat, I probably still won’t want to go out in it. We stop at a sandbar or island and cruise the ICW pretty much every time out and sometimes just do that. Normally it’s just my wife and I but other times we have 6 full size adults, which is a real challenge to get my current boat on plane. With additional capacity we may play around in the sound with a loaded boat, so the added capacity is nice too. The idea of twin engines isn’t a big deal, but a nice added piece of mind, although I have utmost confidence in my Yamaha outboard now.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Try before you buy and good luck with any decision you make.

Prodock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks PJ73. I left a message with the closest dealer today to see about a sea trial sometime.

Jgonzalez114

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks PJ73. I left a message with the closest dealer today to see about a sea trial sometime.
Check out the you tube channel Out on the Reef. This guy in Florida had the FSH at the beginning of the channel and he took it to Bimini all the time. It will get you a good look at the boat. He now has a pilot house but the earlier videos will give you something to enjoy while you make you decision.

Prodock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Out on the Reef has some great videos. Similar to what I do, except not as far offshore and not quite as daring. Lol. Looking for to when I can get in a sea trial with one.

JollyRoger57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I bought a new 2019 in July and we love it. It has its off shore limitations but, we bought it for an all around play, fish, swim, dive boat. Don’t be afraid to travel for a better deal. Some dealers think they have the monopoly on an area and won’t budge, while others will

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Also purchased a 2019 this year. Also love it. Since I am a midwesterner, it gets wets in local lakes for bass/crappie/cats. Absolutely love it for that reason. Also taken it to the gulf a couple times. It seems to be in its element there. Bay fished and cruised mostly. I anticipate trolling some this spring and I assume this wandering bow will give me issues. Considering a Jet Boat Pilot Thrust Vector to help with it. Definitely take one for a spin and be willing to pit dealers against each other on pricing. Saved me $2000-$3000 on the FSH210 Sport.

Prodock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Also purchased a 2019 this year. Also love it. Since I am a midwesterner, it gets wets in local lakes for bass/crappie/cats. Absolutely love it for that reason. Also taken it to the gulf a couple times. It seems to be in its element there. Bay fished and cruised mostly. I anticipate trolling some this spring and I assume this wandering bow will give me issues. Considering a Jet Boat Pilot Thrust Vector to help with it. Definitely take one for a spin and be willing to pit dealers against each other on pricing. Saved me $2000-$3000 on the FSH210 Sport.
I love mine so far. Took it 10 miles out bottom fishing a wreck a couple weeks ago, it was great. I understand the point about losing bottom on the fish finder when in neutral, but it works fine if just creeping forward, which is usually what I do...creep past the structure then anchor upwind so I drift back. I have a Simrad and love it. I have done a little trolling for Albies...it does wander a little more than my old bay boat did, but it seems to be manageable and it such a pleasure on the water. Room for everyone and a much better ride on the ocean than the bay boat was.

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I love mine! I have only used it for a week but it has been great. I plan to use it on rivers, lajes, the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic {near shore). I have fished on it and found it to have more room than outboards, plenty of rod storage and the trolling motor makes "anchoring" simple and fabulous in hard to get places and weeds.

Cruising is tons of fun with lots of seats, cup holders, storage and the console head /changing room. The top of the storage areas mane great tables or just a place to put things.

Easy to dock once I practiced and got the hang of it. Two engines are a comfort. Not as loud as the forum made it seem... Can have a conversation at the helm while underway.

Great all around boat! I can't wait to use it more in the summer.