• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any Sarasota area jetboaters?

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We will prob be out at egmont and sausage on Sunday.
What color boat do you have? I will look for you!
We are actually staying in a hotel right down the street from the Maximo boat ramp.

Last edited:

JKallay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What color boat do you have? I will look for you!
We are actually staying in a hotel right down the street from the Maximo boat ramp.
My bad, I just checked the weather. We prob won't be out.

Attachments

synackattack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a new owner in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. We are itching to get out on the water after purchasing this weekend. The weather hasn't been cooperating!

I'll mostly be launching from 10th street ramp. We will bounce between Jewfish, New Pass, and the sandbar near South Lido.

I love boating in this area!

probee773

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat! Looks nice in your profile pic! What model did you get?

I launch from 10th street too. When the rain slows down, maybe we could organize a gathering for the local jetboaters... [flag]

Last edited:

synackattack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat! Looks nice in your profile pic! What model did you get?

I launch from 10th street too. When the rain slows down, maybe we could organize a gathering for the local jetboaters... [flag]
Thanks! I got the AR210. It was a tough decision for me as I really wanted to go with the AR195 so I could keep it here at the house, but in the end we decided to go with the 21'.
Finding storage around here sucks. I ended up having to put it about 20 minutes away from here to get it stored under cover.

Yeah would be cool to organize a group one of these days. I saw that Marine Max is doing their annual Aquapalooza next weekend at New Pass...I was thinking about swinging by there and checking that out.

Last edited:

probee773

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I looked at the 210. Went with the 195 so I could store in the garage. You're right though, the storage around here is terrible! Where did you end up finding covered storage?

synackattack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Hide-Away storage off of SR64 out east of the interstate (Bradenton) has covered RV and boat parking. I got a 9x35 slot for it and its 12' high, so I dont have to put the tower down. It is a little tight width wise, but I think its well protected.

The problem I have with the location is its the opposite way if I'm going to the ramp.

Mike B.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just bought my 2017 Yamaha SX195 a month ago and have had her out in Sarasota bay 3 times so far... Anchored off Jewfish Key sandbar, nosed up to the beach on beer can island, been to the ole salty dog by mote marine, been to mar vista restaurant... lots of fun so far! She's in for the 10 hour service now, but I can't wait to get her out on the water again. Ready to visit the fort on Egmont Key next. Any other Sarasota jetboaters out there? Favorite spots to cruise, relax, or eat? [flag]
Congrats on your new boat: I just bought 2017 Scarab 195 open ;had a week on the water; love the boat

Mike sanders

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used to live in Sarasota off university parkway. I moved to iowa because I got sick of the people there. They care for nothing and for no one and they're your best friend if they think they can get something from you. Which is a shame it's really beautiful there and the boating is great. I miss the area but I don't miss the miserable people.

probee773

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I used to live in Sarasota off university parkway. I moved to iowa because I got sick of the people there. They care for nothing and for no one and they're your best friend if they think they can get something from you. Which is a shame it's really beautiful there and the boating is great. I miss the area but I don't miss the miserable people.
:eek:

I don't think it's fair to group the people that live in Sarasota into one stinky bucket like that. Sounds like you had the opposite experience I've had in this city. I've lived in Sarasota from 1983 to 1999 and from 2010 to now, and I really like the people here! It's a friendly and safe city and is a great place to raise a family and retire... and for boating as well!

I'm glad you find Iowa more your speed. Good luck and happy boating! :winkingthumbsup"

Mike sanders

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:eek:

I don't think it's fair to group the people that live in Sarasota into one stinky bucket like that. Sounds like you had the opposite experience I've had in this city. I've lived in Sarasota from 1983 to 1999 and from 2010 to now, and I really like the people here! It's a friendly and safe city and is a great place to raise a family and retire... and for boating as well!

I'm glad you find Iowa more your speed. Good luck and happy boating! :winkingthumbsup"
You too enjoy

mrehmeyer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Just got my 242 Limited SE and saw 3 around Bradenton on Saturday... any local jet boaters active on this forum?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'm sure there are especially since the last post is over 1-1/2 year old. I'm in the St Pete area (close but no cigar). Good luck.