• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any Yamaha 275 news?

rlyons_ii

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just curious, I never see any videos or general discussion posted on the Yamaha 275 from actual owners. Yeah, the excitement has died down and the costs are high but it would be nice to hear from them on the boats performance, range, etc.
Truly want to hear if anyone has gone for a ride in the ocean with 4 to 6 ft waves, plans on going to Bahamas or the Keys adventures with a 275. Or maybe the story is it costs so much that they are waiting a few years to be able to afford to do anything?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I just got my 2021 a couple few weeks ago now. I have been able to take it out 3 times now and so far it has been great. I took it out in the ocean a week ago. Was maybe 2.5-3’ and it handled that fantastic and was a dry ride. I had a couple guys with me that both have been on boats their whole life and they were impressed with how well it handled it. 4-6 may be another story, i dont know. I am going out tomorrow for a long run north from my dealer to home. Supposed to 6ft+ on the outside which means the inlet is going to be much worse. I dont think ill attempt it. 4’ would be no issue for me. So far i am really happy with the boat. One or two little items the dealer had to take care of but nothing big. The sd model that i have they made big improvements to the tower. Its extremely beefy and sturdy now. 2019 and part of 2020 the towers were light, flimsy and unimpressive. The paddles on the steering wheel are really bad ass. They work fantastic. Boat steers just ok at low speed. Can still use a set of fins to improve that a bit. From what i read and comparing to my 2021, the built in plotter/gps has been improved. Now allows your heading to be up and you can save your tracks.