• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone else fleeing their state?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sounds great !

Best of luck with the physical move to AL! The hardest part is now in your rear view mirror!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Back in Ohio
1ADA4183-D5F4-45C8-B083-C4E86DA06163.png
Here in Florida
0782B864-4B0F-466D-8402-C58D7769703D.png

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Things are moving along. Livestock and related equipment, wagons, ATV, snow plow, firewood and log splitter and lots more has been sold. One building is almost empty and the shop is starting to get that way also. The wife has packed a lot of the house other than what is needed for daily life and I'm hoping that the last week we are here that it's not a scramble to take care of things. Hopefully the weather stays reasonably nice up here, at least until we're gone but living in Illinois I know that anything is possible when it comes to weather. I've seen -36* in winter and I've seen 70* in winter.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Things are moving along. Livestock and related equipment, wagons, ATV, snow plow, firewood and log splitter and lots more has been sold. One building is almost empty and the shop is starting to get that way also. The wife has packed a lot of the house other than what is needed for daily life and I'm hoping that the last week we are here that it's not a scramble to take care of things. Hopefully the weather stays reasonably nice up here, at least until we're gone but living in Illinois I know that anything is possible when it comes to weather. I've seen -36* in winter and I've seen 70* in winter.
Are you that confident to get rid of the snow plow?:cool:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excited to get to the next chapter of my life and see what it brings.
I get that.

Never moved cross country myself. Parents did a lot chasing work. Takes some serious narbles to step back, choose the path you want, then make the necessary changes to get where you want to go. Especially at this level.

Hope the new location proves to be everything you're looking for!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Excited to get to the next chapter of my life and see what it brings.
As I said before, the hardest part is making the commitment to leave. While there is logistical work after that, in my humble opinion the logistical work pales in comparison, and each persons logistical work is relative. Off loading a lot of the detritus of life and the mental baggage is refreshing. As a few lyrics from a song say, “so often times it happens that we live our life in chains not realizing that we hold the key”.

As I hear news from where I left it just solidifies the decision I made to leave, the things that I didn’t like are increasing, and increasing in intensity. Some of the things I liked are gone forever, and with the exception of one, most of the others are not only where I’m at now but are better than where I left in addition to other good things that were not where I came from.

Today is the third anniversary of my arrival to my new home, the only regret is not coming here sooner.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Babin Farms where are you headed off to? We are looking for our new landing spot...Hawaii, for all its positives, is not going to be as long term as we hoped. Too much stuff I miss about the mainland. Our challenge is we just don't know where we want to end up and our kids are all still in a transitional stage of life with college and/or first jobs post college.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are going to Fairhope Alabama. Located on the east side of Mobile bay. Swore I was in a Hallmark movie when I walked around some of the oldest parts of town and the waterfront park, just beautiful.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
We are going to Fairhope Alabama. Located on the east side of Mobile bay. Swore I was in a Hallmark movie when I walked around some of the oldest parts of town and the waterfront park, just beautiful.
That will definitely be a change of pace.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One day left working in Illinois!!! From tomorrow afternoon until the day we move we’ll be busy packing the rest of our things in boxes and loading a couple trailers with it all. Can’t wait!!!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
One day left working in Illinois!!! From tomorrow afternoon until the day we move we’ll be busy packing the rest of our things in boxes and loading a couple trailers with it all. Can’t wait!!!
Best of luck Bru!

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
My wife and I have discussed leaving often over the last 6-10 years. We do the number crunching, weigh out family, friends and our community support, then list out reasons to stay and leave for each place we think about. It turns out that the biggest problem for us is that where ever we go, we will be there also. Just a reminder to ourselves to be grateful for the blessings we have here and appreciate those around us. Maybe one day we will move but until then we keep looking to appreciate what we have here and help others. Just my $0.02 adjusted for current inflation rates.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My wife and I have discussed leaving often over the last 6-10 years. We do the number crunching, weigh out family, friends and our community support, then list out reasons to stay and leave for each place we think about. It turns out that the biggest problem for us is that where ever we go, we will be there also. Just a reminder to ourselves to be grateful for the blessings we have here and appreciate those around us. Maybe one day we will move but until then we keep looking to appreciate what we have here and help others. Just my $0.02 adjusted for current inflation rates.
Im down with being grateful!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We discussed moving when I retired and decided to just FF our lives & make the move now. As long as I have my wife and kids with me that’s all that matters. In no way am I thinking that the grass is greener on the other side or think we’re running away from anything. This has been in the plans for years and am always up for an adventure. This is another adventure in our lives to add to the many that we have had as a family and plan on many more, small or big.