• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone else fleeing their state?

TwoSips

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@Dixie Highway - we close in two weeks and we're out there 1.5 months after that. We did decide to "live" and work out there for two weeks. I did NOT want to go back to Cali.

Would truly like to meet at a waterway sometime in the future. Wishing you continued success and well being out there!

Go BAMA!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks to you @Dixie Highway we are going to be taking the boat to Destin this spring. Got the wife onboard with it and she found a nice place to stay down there for a week with a slip. We'll see how we like it down there and maybe, just maybe think about moving. I don't see it happening for quite a few years with the kids 7 all right now but ya never know.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Maybe today is the day we change the post title to "is anyone fleeing the country".

TwoSips

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@Dixie Highway - you back in the water? Pending there is a break in rain. Man, that's been frustrating. My boats docked over in Barber Marina. Didn't want to hassle with busy launches and trying to clean after a long day out (They do everything, from launch, retrieve, to rub down and flush after a day in the water).

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We’ve been out a couple times in the last 2 weeks. Went to the Blue Angels show July 9, that was our last outing. Yesterday and Saturday didn’t look good, this weather has been ridiculous. Normally it’s 20-30 minute quick afternoon storms then sunny again. Not this year, it’s been gloomy all day and 2-3 hours of storms every day. Over it lol. The only saving grace is the daily storms taper off about the time the tourists go away, so we are looking forward to autumn.

TwoSips

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yeah, that's how my fam feels about being cooped up all day, when we should be at the water all day, everyday. HAHA!

What did you ultimately pick up an for your 25 footer and where do you usually drop in at?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I ended up with a Proline 23 Sport CC. 300 Mercury Verado. We change ramps based on activity, when fishing I put in at Fort Morgan usually. If it’s a sandbar day we put in at Lillian, or we’ll take the trip over to Navarre, FL if we want to hit Destin.

TwoSips

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Wow! That's quite a haul from SF down to Fort Morgan. Lillian and Navarre is great! Dropping in outta Elberta/Josephine at the Marina is very convenient to get to Ono, Orange and Gulf Shores. It also works really well for Pens FL, too! But, it definitely feels like everything is relatively speaking, a "haul" around these parts.

Congrats on the 23 and maybe our paths will cross! Stay safe!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Not too bad, takes about an hour to get to Ft Morgan. Depends on traffic too. Lillian is our usual go-to, we don’t hang out in OB or GS too much. Water is much prettier over to Perdido and Pcola.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Time to revive this thread.
As I followed along from the first post until @Dixie Highway moved I was envious the whole time but now it's my turn.
I am going to be doing the same thing and leave NW. Illinois and head south to the same area. I informed my employer today that I have a job lined up and as soon as my house sells I will be moving. Exciting but yet stressful at the same time and not an easy decision by any means but definitely looking forward to the future.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As I followed along from the first post until @Dixie Highway moved I was envious the whole time but now it's my turn.
I am going to be doing the same thing and leave NW. Illinois and head south to the same area. I informed my employer today that I have a job lined up and as soon as my house sells I will be moving. Exciting but yet stressful at the same time and not an easy decision by any means but definitely looking forward to the future.
Easier drive to Fort Lauderdale for a Bimini trip lol.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Easier drive to Fort Lauderdale for a Bimini trip lol.
Yep, already looked into that and it cuts the drive in 1/2. Doubt that we will be able to do Bimini this next season due to the new job but definitely looking forward to going and seeing you again.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I bought a place in Florida in 2010 when the housing market hit bottom there. I immediately divorced PA and became a FL resident. I still have some property in PA since we still have family there and go back at the holidays and a couple months in the summer..... but it was the best decision I made in my life.

PA is a poorly run state and the weather there suck.

My property value in FL has tripled. My property taxes have stayed the same. No income tax. No death tax. FL is a much better run state. If you love water and great weather, its a great place to be!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You have just accomplished the hardest part of the move … making the commitment.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lucky bastard Guy, that's awesome. Good on you!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Best thing I ever did in my 50 years is get out of an overcrowded Northern city and move here to eastern NC. My money goes way further and love the fact that the population of my county is much smaller than what was in my former city.
The area i live in(Brice's Creek) has a population of about 3500 people

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
An acquaintance of mine just fled so cal for another state, it took him a long time for him to get out but he’s much happier now. He is also appreciated where he works now. He had worked for his previous employer for 27 years and not even a good bye from his boss which is more of a metaphor than a screw you for leaving.

No place I s perfect, just as long as it’s perfect for you.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Will there continue to be a farm in Babin Farms?

Congrats on the new job.

Jim

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My property value in FL has tripled. My property taxes have stayed the same. No income tax. No death tax. FL is a much better run state. If you love water and great weather, its a great place to be!
I hate to say it but I live in a similar state and the first part of that paragraph means the second part isn’t going to last forever.