• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Average hours per year?

Average hours per year?

• 10 hours

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • 20 hours

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • 30 hours

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • 40 hours

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • 50 hours

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • 60 hours

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • 70 hours

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • 80 hours

• 90 hours

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • 100 hours

• Greater than 100 Hours

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
I'm sad to say I only logged 20 hours this summer.

It was a cold summer and we didn't seem to get out for as long of days, but we still put on our 50 hour average.

It honestly depends on your cruise speed, the fuel burn changes dramatically with even A few MPH difference-- we rarely brought it up to 50mph and kept the throttles around 5000rpm/20mph and other times crusing at 2000rpm which had 1.3gph

I don't get the math either....perhaps Boattest.com's data is wrong? Or perhaps 98% of your use is at no wake mode?

Put on 143.2 hours this year!! and burned 158.6 gallons :/

143 hours at boattest's best GPH of 1.3GPH is 185.9 Gallons. (perhaps the tank is close to empty now?)
If you averaged 20MPH (which is a reasonable average) you would have gotten 9 GPH and burned 1,287 gallons.

I know that my trips are probably averaging somewhere in the 7-10 GPH average (I rarely go full speed), and we spend a lot of time in the 18-20 range pulling tubes, then no waking it and sight seeing.

I look at the hour meter and as soon as I see 1 more hour on it I know I need about 5 gallons of fuel to top it off, I have a thing for keeping the fuel tank full since I take long rides and I am out in the gulf where you do not want to run low on fuel.
It's an old habit I developed back in the 2 stroke days. I would probably use less fuel if I kept it at half a tank just by reducing the weight.
Pulling tubes and running w o t will consume fuel like someone punched a hole in the tank. My reference was cruising around 35 to 40 mph

Think I might be the worst.... I've owned the boat 32 months and have exactly 32 hours.

@Julian @Cobra Jet Steering LLC Hahahahaha looking back i missed the decimal, it must have been 1,568 gal, I had just glanced at the meter so I must have read it wrong. Although it was no wake mode from June to August, then full throttle thereafter.

Ok then I guess the oil companies don't need to steal your boat and destroy those engines after all! I was beginning to think it was alien technology that had slipped past the factory security.

Ok then I guess the oil companies don't need to steal your boat and destroy those engines after all! I was beginning to think it was alien technology that had slipped past the factory security.

Hahahahaha good one

How do you check the hours? I have a 2009 SX230

@Mike Dumigan glad to have you on board
for the MR1 engines you need a Yamaha Diagnostic software (YDS) it is a cable with connector and software to read the ECM on your engine.
You can build your own, I didn't see a jetboaters link so here is the original from the old site http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42455
You can buy one, I think people recently purchased them for $40-80. on ebay ///edit to add ebay link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Outb...-Diagnostic-cable-set-Plug-play-/330918278833 ///
or you can ask to borrow one from someone near by, there should be somebody in the Philly area, start a new thread, check the member map and @ them
it's worth having even for once a year to see your hours,

I only average about 30 hours a year but each time out I usually only put .5 to 1 hour of running time on the engines. But I'm usually out for 6 to 10 hours at a time so it provided many more hours of being on the water!!

I've been out every weekend since May, sometimes 2x a week. We're out 6-8 hours each time. Kids usually surf or tube and hour a day,sometimes in the am, sometimes in the pm, depending on how many boats are out. When we're not towing, we're anchored up with others in a cove. So I've only put 60 hrs in 2 seasons. Even though that's not a lot of hours - we're on the boat for many more.

... We took our boat out maybe 6 trips before selling it in Aug... 100hrs total....

4 were multi day vacations...but felt like 1 day....

I would love more days on the boat with the same 100 hr avg

I'm a low low hour user and just about 10 hours on the new boat and had it since March. But it doesn't cut our enjoyment at all. We typically cruise about 10 minutes down the lake and then 10 minutes back. But we are on the hook for 6 plus hours and enjoy being on our boat and in the water! I am one that looks to economy and range, so I generally firewall the throttles after warm up, and back them off with the speed going through 30mph, then set and maintain a cruise power setting, gaining me the best cruise/range/mpg average. Although, at our Broken Bow gathering, we all ran down the lake a good distance at WOT! That was great and who the hell cares if you burn through the gas when your having fun!

I got 12 hours on my new one over the last 3 weeks.

Somewhere around 20 hours this year. Not enough by a long stretch. The most fun I have is on the boat, with friends or relatives, enjoying each other's company, eating, tubing, etc. Winter is just a waiting time between boating seasons. For me to only have eked out about 20 hours this summer is a total shame.

A mini gathering! Ya'll need a banner!
We kinda do! Stickers one year and the "logo" on t shirts, and if they stage a game of corn hole in your favor the boards ya win have it too!

Back