• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Been censored on the far side...

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have not been on the other site in quite a while but tonight I was just sitting around and logged in. I made a few post and within a few minutes they were censored.. WTF....I was going to try and delete my account but couldn't even figure out how so I guess I will just abandon it.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I actually deleted every post on there that I thought would have been helpful. Sorry, You're not gonna treat me like ass and keep my content.

Yeah, I was bored.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah, it's a shame that there are actually members over there that haven't heard of us here. Someone on their Facebook yesterday was talking about how the new boats were just color changes and nothing new. I went into the 242X E series briefly and they acted like they knew nothing about it. I took the chance and linked @Julian video to the comment section, but it was nearly immediately removed.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah, it's a shame that there are actually members over there that haven't heard of us here. Someone on their Facebook yesterday was talking about how the new boats were just color changes and nothing new. I went into the 242X E series briefly and they acted like they knew nothing about it. I took the chance and linked @Julian video to the comment section, but it was nearly immediately removed.
Just think of it as the Chinese Version of our site....Censored with a heavy hand by an all powerful dictator. :-(

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I've made one post over there and a little while later got an email message that it was approved. Do they approve (or not) every post?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've made one post over there and a little while later got an email message that it was approved. Do they approve (or not) every post?
After we launched Brian started requiring all posts from all new accounts to be approved. Censorship existed there before we started this forum but after we launched it got much worse.

At one time Brian said he was going to allow discussion about our forum on his and that we could all get along. I wish he had stuck with that. I believe competition is a good thing.

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hehe. This post makes me giggle. I love you forum geeks and even more since I met a whole gaggle of you in person recently. The jetboaters.net crew cannot be beat.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, it's a shame that there are actually members over there that haven't heard of us here.
And a blessing that some others haven't!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
When we launched, we included links to YJB and YJBStore even....bring it on! If we can't beat the competition its because we are either treating our members poorly, or not offering content worth visiting for. (or both) Our goal is to always get an A+ on both those counts! And if we are not....we are more than open to suggestions and often implement them pretty darn quickly!

Last edited:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Id like to see the facebook arm of JB.net a little more active.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am curious why you want to see more activity on Facebook? The Facebook group is a good recruiting tool. If we move the discussion to Facebook then what is the point of the forum?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hummm....that is an interesting one. Not easy to have both well populated...and we've used the FB group as more of a way to direct people to the forum which is where all the core info resides.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll take the opposing stance to that: I prefer having everything right here in one place. If we had to start hopping around between two "forums" a lot of folks would miss things.

I think there is a significant number of people here that eschew Facebook (I'm one of them). The only reason I go there is because Berkeley Breathed started publishing Bloom County again but he's only doing it on Facebook.

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I actually deleted every post on there that I thought would have been helpful. Sorry, You're not gonna treat me like ass and keep my content.

Yeah, I was bored.
I deleted all my attatchments, that was pretty easy. But the more I think about it the more it ticks me off.. I might just take the time and go back on to see how many times I can mention Jetboaters.net and give them something to do to delete them all...heck, I worked all night and nowI have all day to find something to do....

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I deleted all my attatchments, that was pretty easy. But the more I think about it the more it ticks me off.. I might just take the time and go back on to see how many times I can mention Jetboaters.net and give them something to do to delete them all...heck, I worked all night and nowI have all day to find something to do....
What if you slipped it into your signature?

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Please, please, please, DO NOT jump to Faceache! I've been a member of other forums where its slowly transferred and now the member base has just faded away, this forum is so easy to use, a centre of excellence so to speak of all things Jetboatie :D.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since Im on FB, even in the smallest capacity (having an account) I like looking at photos and seeing what friends are up to. Technical discussions, stuff like that unless its an emergency i can do on the computer. Seeing what members are doing on their boats is enjoying.