• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Best deal ever?

scot71

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, I bought my boat back in March, from a friend that is going thru a divorce, and I'm curious what all of you think about the deal I got. Bear in mind, there was no haggling over the price. The price I paid is what the both of them had agreed to sell it for. She is a 2004 SX230 with unknown hours. After changing plugs and oil she runs like a top (the engines ran a little rough before the new plugs). I had to replace the depth sounder and I'm going to need a new fuel sending unit (I'm pretty sure that is the problem) but otherwise everything works great. It had brand new tires on the trailer and a new battery, which I have since upgraded to two batteries. It also came with: 2 tubes, a kneeboard, 2 anchors, ropes for the towables, and several life jackets. For all of this I paid the $9500. I don't want to brag but I think I got a great deal. We've had it out about nine times since the beginning of June and loved every minute. That's the best part. :D

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 90
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 84
Welcome aboard and congrats on the boat! That is a really low price on a 4 stroke boat! I don't know what the '04's would bring but I imagine a well cared for example would be more than that. She looks very nice and hopefully, you will get many more years of service from her! Congrats and once again, welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard!!! Nice looking boat and I believe you got a very good deal.

Wow, awesome deal! I thought I got a killer deal when I got my 2004 SX230 a few years ago for $15k... they still NADA for $16k+!

Nice boat! Welcome aboard! If you get a chance you can post a picture of her in our Show Us Your Boat thread by clicking HERE.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

First of all welcome aboard @scot71 and congrats on the new boat. That is a very good deal I hope you take your friend (seller) out occasionally. With regard to the fuel sender. If it seems to be stuck on full for a long time, then drops down lower it may just be a simple calibration issue that takes only a few minutes to accomplish. Let us know if that's the case. Otherwise have a great summer in your new boat.

Scot,

Welcome aboard! You got a great deal on a fantastic looking boat.

Even better that the sale helped out your friends, undoubtedly through a difficult time.

Welcome Aboard! That is the lowest price that I have heard of for a 230.

Welcome. Yup, you got a steal of a deal. Now you just need to clean that dirty engine compartment :-). You should check all of the other posts about older model boats and the things people have replaced due to wear for some key things that could save you a headache in the future (like the scupper).

Welcome aboard @scot71 !!!! UMM SOMEBODY CALL THE POLICE !!! THAT MAN STOLE THAT BOAT!!!!! LOL :D

Yep you Stole it

Welcome aboard!!! Your a thief!!!! Good Luck and enjoy your new found toy. It's a sweet deal!

That is an awesome deal, of you live in or near Ncal I would pay you $10,500 for it as is immediately. Just so I could flip it quickly for a few thousand more. Welcome to the cult. Keep your wallet handy you may not be as lucky where the costs of mods are concerned.

Welcome @scot71 and congrats on the new boat. I agree with the others, might be one of the best deals that I've heard of in the last few years. Glad you found us and decided to join.

Hey thanks everyone for the kind words. Yeah, I kinda feel like I stole it but I certainly wasn't going to argue with the price. As for mods, I'm not really one to do a lot of modifications to the things I own. I usually just enjoy things the way they are. I do forsee a new stereo in my future but nothing crazy. Probably not much fancier than the stock system. I want it to have more capabilities though. I seriously want to thank everyone on here and "the other forum" for all your knowledge with these boats. You have all helped me so much in learning the things to watch out for and ways to fix the problems that may come up. I couldn't be more grateful. I hope I can get the chance to meet some of you one of these days.

Better watch your back. No doubt the Indiana State Police have a warrant out for your arrest for theft over.

No need to apologize for bragging...that is definitely something to brag about. I paid twice that for my 2005 AR230 last year. Congratulations!

thats a Good Deal
Low NADA is $13,100 on that boat
Dealer uses 80% of that on a trade in .... $10,500.00
So $10,500 is the sell it right now price....

@ $9,500 your gas and insurance are free for a Season ...LOL

Congrats

Back