• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Big boat related spend pending, guess what it is

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As stated in the title, I'm about to spend a lot of money (more than 4 digits to the left of the decimal point) on a boat related purchase, what do you think it is?

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Flyboard

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
can't remember, but if you don't already have it I would guess perfect pass

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Jewelry for for Bride ........... LOL !

Good one, Ronnie ! Ya kinda gave it away when you wrote ........ Especially when ya said "
boat related"

Last edited:

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
If you are talking more than 4 decimals but not greater than 5 decimals then I'm thinking 4 numbers that have a 2 a 0 and a 15 in it???

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm guessing that it's perfect pass too.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I misstated its 4 or more digits in front of the decimal point.

No one has guessed correctly yet and I will let you know what it is as soon as the purchase is made.

For now here is a little background and things it is not.

So I've had the urge to shop lately (aka retail therapy). I check out vettes (stingy ray hard top and convertible l2s) and porches (well the boxer and cayman anyway / within my budget), flyboard, jet surf board, even a new quad copter (the s1000 8 rotor and the ready to fly inspire by dji). None of these things made it to my short list.

Now that you have more info anyone care to take a guess or another one?

I'll even make it more interesting and give a small boat related prize (including shipping) to the first person to guess correctly by 5pm PST this Monday, 11/17/14. I will figure out the prize when I get home.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here are the "prizes" basically any or all of what is pictured. That is:

1. New JBN flag (I'm keeping two others)
2. A pair of Smith VeVe guide lights (one has a small piece missing at the base (not the lense) but both work perfectly, I originally covered the bases with black tape but they should clean up nicely )
3. Two black hatch latches (locks are frozen but will be included if I can find the keys, should look great once the surface dirt is cleaned off)
4. A pair of trailer keepers (these straps secure the open S hooks of the trailer chains to the receiver/tow bar)
5. New, three external oil reservoir caps, one manually locks the brakes out (these are for the MFI trailer, I think the painted versions as they don't fit my 2010 galvanized trailer but did fit my 2006 painted trailer)
6. A magnetic D key (manual break lock out, it used to be all orange but got painted along with the trailer it was on, again works with the MFI trailer and possibly others, not sure about the shorelander through)

PB153251.JPG PB153253.JPG PB153255.JPG

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's not a road vehicle of any kind.

By the way, so far, none of the guesses have even been close.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'd better start guessing as I need one of those brake fluid caps since I've not replaced mine since someone "borrowed" it while we were at Mammoth Cave on our way to Shelbyville!

Boat Fridge?
Jet Lev?
Auto ballast system?
Monster Stereo build out?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
4 or more digits? That makes is $1000 or more and upwards of $. There is not a lot to go on here but I like the game. More clues and keep it to a more predictable range. Less than $10K, Less than $100K, between...

Category or some other clue(s)?

I would throw a bow tent out there as a guess but it could be a million things. You should go with the Porsche Cayman S which would be a no brainer.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Joining us for Bimini 2015?