• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bilge filled with water, pump submerged.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On my 2020 242SE, the bilge pump is wired directly to the house battery with an inline fuse.

I made a video showing its operation:
Did you test this with the Connext screen bilge setting set to Off vs Auto when you turned the batteries off?

If I manually turn the autobilge off (on the screen) before I turn off the ignition and the batteries then it doesn't.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did you test this with the Connext screen bilge setting set to Off vs Auto when you turned the batteries off?
That was with Connext set to off. Unless Connext is moving a persistent switch somewhere, I wouldn't expect anything set in Connext to be applicable with batteries disconnected.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Now to help identify any issues in your engine compartment with water infiltration especially if your bilge sucks up some junk and does not spin. Or the capacity of the pump is overwhelmed maybe from a scupper break or water line lets go on the engine. Get a cheap water alarm and hang the sensor above the bilge you can hear it loud and clear any time your in the engine compartment wet your finger and touch the sensor to make sure it still operates. I'm on my 3rd year still original battery and have two waiting to be used if it fails.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Now to help identify any issues in your engine compartment with water infiltration especially if your bilge sucks up some junk and does not spin. Or the capacity of the pump is overwhelmed maybe from a scupper break or water line lets go on the engine. Get a cheap water alarm and hang the sensor above the bilge you can hear it loud and clear any time your in the engine compartment wet your finger and touch the sensor to make sure it still operates. I'm on my 3rd year still original battery and have two waiting to be used if it fails.

Agree....here is my thread on how to do this:

I wouldn't expect anything set in Connext to be applicable with batteries disconnected.
I wouldn't either, but based on @LoWeLL216 's comment he suggests that it does.....which is why I asked if you tested this. I leave my battery switches on and connected to a shore power charger, AND I have a 2nd bilge pump.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Agree....here is my thread on how to do this:

I wouldn't either, but based on @LoWeLL216 's comment he suggests that it does.....which is why I asked if you tested this. I leave my battery switches on and connected to a shore power charger, AND I have a 2nd bilge pump.
I'll take a note to look into impact of off/auto settings in Connext in 5-7 weeks or so when we prep for winter storage!

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'll take a note to look into impact of off/auto settings in Connext in 5-7 weeks or so when we prep for winter storage!
@Julian - is there a "reminder" feature in the forum to nudge me to do this? :D

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length