• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2024??

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We were but it’s getting pushed back to 2025. This year we’re going from Gulf Shores to Destin by boat and going to stay there for a few days.
Going to be watching this thread like all of the others about Bimini and dreaming about our next trip there.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Are you going on the jetski?
I am, looks like we will have 3 skis (different from the nightmare trip :confused:) , 2 on the ferry and 2 maybe 3 boats. We are booked on north Bimini and Bahia Mar on the 16th. I’m excited, hoping this odd weather gets it all out of its system before the summer!

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am, looks like we will have 3 skis (different from the nightmare trip :confused:) , 2 on the ferry and 2 maybe 3 boats. We are booked on north Bimini and Bahia Mar on the 16th. I’m excited, hoping this odd weather gets it all out of its system before the summer!
Are you staying in RW or one of the other units?

Dmiller2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We are wanting to head over July 6-13. Looking for a buddy boat or two.

keytoparadise

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
For the people leaving from FL, where is the best and safetst place to park the tow vehicle and trailer? I'm trying to plan a crossing trip and to stay for 3-4 days, just worried about my stuff while I'm gone.

msjones144

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are planning to cross June 7th returning June 14th if those dates lineup for anyone here looking. Have crossed once before, 2016 AR240.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For the people leaving from FL, where is the best and safetst place to park the tow vehicle and trailer? I'm trying to plan a crossing trip and to stay for 3-4 days, just worried about my stuff while I'm gone.
Ideally you leave the trailer at Harbor Towne Marina, but you have to get there early, and ideally not a sat or sun (those days you need to be there super early to guarantee a spot). But some years there are plenty. It's really hard to predict.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are possibly June 13-16 for Bimini but not 100% sure on dates yet.

keytoparadise

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We were but it’s getting pushed back to 2025. This year we’re going from Gulf Shores to Destin by boat and going to stay there for a few days.
Going to be watching this thread like all of the others about Bimini and dreaming about our next trip there.
We are planning on a 2025 trip but not sure what month yet. It will be our first trip so I'm hoping to tag along with some other folks.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

keytoparadise

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It’s always best to have a buddy boat.
But if you don’t, that’s ok too. We did our first crossing (WPB to WE) on our own when all 3 initial buddy boats cancelled. As long as you are well prepared.
Fixed VHF and EPIRB are the absolute minimum, InReach or similar very strongly recommended.

keytoparadise

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It’s always best to have a buddy boat.
But if you don’t, that’s ok too. We did our first crossing (WPB to WE) on our own when all 3 initial buddy boats cancelled. As long as you are well prepared.
Fixed VHF and EPIRB are the absolute minimum, InReach or similar very strongly recommended.
Absolutely, I'm installing a simrad soon and next will be a VHF, then I'll be investing in a EPIRB. Since I'm not planning on going until next year I'm hoping it will give me time to get everything in place and ready to go. Thanks for the info!

kasted1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
looking to buddy up for a Thursday to Sunday after the 10th of june based in ftl so flexible somewhat....anyone interested...this would be our first crossing

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
One of these years I'll make the plunge. Had planned on picking up a larger boat prior to, but may just roll with our 195 with plenty of spare fuel. This year's vacation allotment is already taken, but might try for next year... we had too many events scheduled for this year.