• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Fling photos and videos.....post them up!

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thank you for your concern, @MrMoose. I'm equally concerned for all in the the same boat with this tower, including you. Please be careful. As Julian already pointed out, this is a bad design no longer used in the bigger towers.
My knobs are always tight, but some do not always check them out, so check carefully. I would also say the bimini structure/frame might have save my a$$, probably cushioned the blow, IDK, it was a bit surprising/confusing I admit. I posted some more info on the crossing here as well.

--
Man I hate that happened to you and your boat! Like @MrMoose said you are very lucky it did not turn out worse than it did.Higher power for sure. On the other hand it looks like you and your girls are having a blast. Safe travels on the return to Port Everglades.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bonfire at Bimini Sands beach tonight:
upload_2017-7-12_23-36-45.png

upload_2017-7-12_23-37-9.png

upload_2017-7-12_23-37-24.png

upload_2017-7-13_0-7-23.png

--

Last edited:

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any pics of the crossing, waves, etc? Hoping someone has some quick video shots but I am sure all picture taking took a back seat by the sounds of things. @Julian , any idea on who rode over on the FSH (with beanbag chair) and what their experience was like?

Thanks for the great pictures.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Any pics of the crossing, waves, etc? Hoping someone has some quick video shots but I am sure all picture taking took a back seat by the sounds of things. @Julian , any idea on who rode over on the FSH (with beanbag chair) and what their experience was like?

Thanks for the great pictures.
I set up my iPhone on video recording as we are making the crossing. It was behind the glass though and not that clear due to the water on glass. Let me see if I can salvage something out of it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Crossing on Sunday - not the bad day - and this video was taken well over half way across, so much calmer:

Although we did have to go through this storm that was a little scary! Fortunately we were able to follow in the 80' yacht (the same one we partied on last night), so we knew they had radar and were tracking the shortest course through it. The last thing you want is to be struck by lightening! (that white spot on the horizon is the 80 footer we pulled in behind)

@4x15mph I'm going to guess most people were too busy hanging on to take video on Monday!

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there a better way to start your day than with a lobster sandwich???? (oops, I mean "summer bug", lol... or whatever that is we buy from little dinghies here at night)
upload_2017-7-13_11-4-47.png
...while looking out the window
upload_2017-7-13_11-7-6.png

--

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

https://youtu.be/hi8A1anOENM

Just uploaded one. Google still processing this video. I have 3 more 20-30 minute videos of us starting from Bahia Mar, crossing port Everglades, hitting the storm etc that I will upload once I have wifi

EDIT. I will randomly update the videos depend By on bandwidth and will update this post so that all are at one place

Last edited:

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wow! Thanks for posting the video. I too was curious what it looked like going through that. Can't wait to see the others.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Just uploaded one. Google still processing this video. I have 3 more 20-30 minute videos of us starting from Bahia Mar, crossing port Everglades, hitting the storm etc that I will upload once I have wifi

EDIT. I will randomly update the videos depend By on bandwidth and will update this post so that all are at one place
@Amar Nanduri where you in the first group out?
Looks like you guys missed the storm!

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Next generation of Bimini boaters in training:
upload_2017-7-13_13-34-17.png

--

Last edited:

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri where you in the first group out?
Looks like you guys missed the storm!

--
I was smack right in the storm for around 15 minutes and lost my group in zero visibility, not to mention my engine stopping frequently during this time with all the hard slamming. It took me 20 minutes to find a boat over the horizon and race after it. That turned into 3 Jetboats and a chapparel.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was smack right in the storm for around 15 minutes and lost my group in zero visibility, not to mention my engine stopping frequently during this time with all the hard slamming. It took me 20 minutes to find a boat over the horizon and race after it. That turned into 3 Jetboats and a chapparel.
Do you have a clip of those 15min?

--

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Not sure. Will check whether I put the phone on video recording or switched to navionics to have a second map of the path. Let me dig into the videos.

Edit: I do remember the phone cradle crashing on the floor and me getting slammed pretty hard on the waves, all the while rain slamming into my face.

--

Last edited:

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
In this clip you can see the storm coming from the starboard side and my phone holder falling down from the impact towards the end. After that I don't think I had the chance to record the storm and I think it came rather suddenly

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@swatski have you liked the Dragonfly 5? It's one of the chart plotter/fish finders I'm looking into at some point along with the Simrad GO5 XSE. Anything you dislike about it?

Love the pics and vids guys!! Please keep them coming! My coworker is convinced he wants to go next year with me :D

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The infinity pool is kiddos' heaven long after the adults are gone! The kids love it, they are making friends, play games, and learn from each other. Really fun to watch.
upload_2017-7-13_20-13-59.png