• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini July 2nd-8th 2023

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just wrapped up my permit through Click2Clear. As @jaroofoo mentioned, the video is as straightforward as it can get. Only part that's a little gray is what documents you need to upload. It seems like all you need is the vessel registration nowadays (you don't need anything covid related even though it's still on the default list), but I uploaded our vessel registration, passports, and covid vaccine records just in case. Just gotta print and fill out the documentation that's required in person.

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wrapped up my permit through Click2Clear. As @jaroofoo mentioned, the video is as straightforward as it can get. Only part that's a little gray is what documents you need to upload. It seems like all you need is the vessel registration nowadays (you don't need anything covid related even though it's still on the default list), but I uploaded our vessel registration, passports, and covid vaccine records just in case. Just gotta print and fill out the documentation that's required in person.
Yessir, that is exactly what I did and paid the $150.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I am trying to get there by noon on Friday.
Let me know how it goes for you. I'm a little worried this trip. We will be headed down on the 24th but may go the 23rd to beat the Saturday crowd.

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got off the boat, completed items:

1) VHF Antenna Mount installed
2) extra fuel tank check fit (going to have room to bring two!)
3) Garmin mounted and installed
4) misc. other crap that needed done

Here are a few pics.

Attachments

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Here are a few pics.
That tank fits like a glove, pretty awesome. Remind me, do you have a pump or something for it? Lifting that thing out when it’s full would be a bear and a half…

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

captainstu

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm very interested in crossing with the group. This is something that I've been dreaming about doing for years and I finally now own a boat to do so. My concern is the duration of the trip. My wife and I would Ideally like to head back to FL mid week. Is anyone else planning to do this or are we all sticking together to and from?

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm very interested in crossing with the group. This is something that I've been dreaming about doing for years and I finally now own a boat to do so. My concern is the duration of the trip. My wife and I would Ideally like to head back to FL mid week. Is anyone else planning to do this or are we all sticking together to and from?
Congratulations on your new boat! Unfortunately, I think we are all planning on returning on Saturday.

Jahall812

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat! As of now we are planning to return on Saturday. There are several Facebook groups(for Bimini Crossings) you could join and I'm sure you would be able to find someone or another group to come back with.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agreed with what everybody’s mentioned above. You’re more than welcome to join in, but pending weather it sounds like everybody is coming back Sunday.
That being said - regardless of when you plan on crossing, since you mentioned that this is your first boat capable of making the crossing I strongly recommend logging a good bit of hours to get comfortable with your boat. While not the most complicated thing to do, it’s important IMO to know the ins and outs and what your boat is and isn’t capable of…

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

jaroofoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like you came up with what appears to be a safe and secure set for extra fuel, I like it.

Did you test it in the driveway to make sure everything works as expected?
I haven't yet, that is on the schedule for pre-float testing the week of 6/19!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I haven't yet, that is on the schedule for pre-float testing the week of 6/19!
Awesome hope it works better than expected!

Ztraveler2023

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys. I got directed here from a Fb group. Me and my wife are looking to make the cross early July and was told you guys may be making the cross around the same time. We have a 2019 ar210.

Jahall812

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Here are a few pics.

Is your antenna mount permanent? I'm still trying to figure out a way to mount mine without drilling into the boat or tower. We probably won't use the antenna again unless we cross to Bimini again . Anyone have suggestions? I've seen a couple options on this forum in the last but can't seem to find them now.

Jahall812

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey guys. I got directed here from a Fb group. Me and my wife are looking to make the cross early July and was told you guys may be making the cross around the same time. We have a 2019 ar210.
We are crossing on July 2nd and returning on the 8th weather permitting. You are more than welcome to join us. If you want to join let @svana know and he will add you to the roster and the fb group!

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All depends on how temporary you consider temporary lol. I bought this mount which clamps to a pole and has the cable running from the bottom of it. I drilled through the hull and put a gasket around it to be permanent but obviously not necessary.
IMG_1715.jpeg