• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini June 23-28 2019

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just heard back from the Sands Marina. I have a reservation for a slip. I talked to I believe Donnie. He stated that everything was currently open, as far as Marina, Restaurant and other amenities were concerned.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just heard back from the Sands Marina. I have a reservation for a slip. I talked to I believe Donnie. He stated that everything was currently open, as far as Marina, Restaurant and other amenities were concerned.
Cool, let us know how it goes

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Did anyone go last week to Bimini. How is the power and fuel situation ?

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yep, I went. It was glass going over on 6/23! Coming back on 6/28, a little rougher, but nothing crazy. They are still power “shedding”. Everyday for 2-6 hours a day. Times seemed random. As far as the Sands. Everything was open, both pools, ship store, petite conch, pumping gas! Had a blast.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Yep, I went. It was glass going over on 6/23! Coming back on 6/28, a little rougher, but nothing crazy. They are still power “shedding”. Everyday for 2-6 hours a day. Times seemed random. As far as the Sands. Everything was open, both pools, ship store, petite conch, pumping gas! Had a blast.
Thank you Dave. That is a relief. It makes my planning easier.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Is there any evidence of the new ownership or is it still behind the scenes?

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I don’t think it’s official yet, still in the approval stages from the Bahamian government. The only thing evident is the employees enthusiasm for the new ownership.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Looks like things are starting to get straight over at “Bimini Cove” 🤞🤞

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like things are starting to get straight over at “Bimini Cove” 🤞🤞
My understanding is that the Asplundh family has signed all documents and paid. Mr. Roberts signature(s) were still needed at the end of last week.

There is no rental pool. For the last year around 20 condos have been privately rented. Salt water was pumped into the water system. Unused condos may have had that salt water in their plumbing for a long period of time or could still have it. This will create an additional repair burden beyond the the normal. With a year of maintenance to catch up on there is a lot of work to be done before summer.

I am in contact with the the most likely booking agent and will let everyone know as soon as I am aware of group booking availability.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce Besides pure evil why would they have pumped salt water into condo pipes? It sounds like the new owners are doing good job... let's just hope old owner doesnt hold off on signatures and take it back over with pool redone and other things fixed.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce Besides pure evil why would they have pumped salt water into condo pipes? It sounds like the new owners are doing good job... let's just hope old owner doesnt hold off on signatures and take it back over with pool redone and other things fixed.
The water system had significant issues with pressure in some areas. There were times without any water last summer. During a change to the water provider salt water was pumped into the system. I do not know the details of how but it was reported by multiple condo owners. I understand that the water issues are corrected however BTC has not been able improve their internet services at Bimini Cove (Sands).