• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini June 23-28 2019

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh, my bad. Different place. Was looking at the BW Resort (different island too).

Do you typically go at that time of the year waiting for kids to get out of school? Just wondering cause the winds would be better March thru May.
Our group events have always been focused around school schedules.

I have always understood that June, July and August were the best months for crossing. That there were higher winds earlier in the year that typically die down during June. But I have not verified that.

I would prefer to go in August when lobster are in season but school schedules do not allow that for my family.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Found this online concerning avg wind speeds. Interesting...

1549816196271.png

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So it’s official. BS has been sold!!
WHAAAAA? Hopefully they can work quickly to get it up and running again....maybe this trip is going to happen this year after all!!!

DIRTYOAR

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
And running water, working docs??

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will be more concerned about fuel... No matter much I love it there, I dont want to be stuck there.

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So it’s official. BS has been sold!!
according to a recent article, it looks to be pending government approval. if the new buyers were able to speed up island time, Im sure impressed.

Omg8

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
who is all going on this trip?

JerSX230

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Following...as we would also be interested in crossing these dates however are pretty flexible.

Yamaha212limiteds

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I found a very reliable source and spoke with them about the state of Bimini Sands. I may not be telling you anything this group doesn't already know, and it was a very condensed story, I'm sure I'm leaving out some details.

The original builder/developer held control of the HOA for 10 years, when control was handed off to the owners, one individual formed a renters group, which served the needs of large group rentals. This renters group was unfortunately operating illegally, not following Bahamian regs. They were also using the original developers license. Not surprisingly this was shut down. Leaving group rentals in a state of limbo. The good news is that the HOA has hired a large reputable HOA management company out of Miami, that has multiple accounts including others in the Bahamas. They feel that by March everything should be up and running with many improvements underway. They said that everyone is getting paid, restaurant is open, ship store is open, docks are operating as usual. They did convey that one of the membranes from the desalination plant that supplies water to the Sands had broken. So there was some higher levels of salt in the water. They had a replacement part flown out and should be operating normally now.

I'm still going forward with my plans of crossing 6/23-28 without hesitation. I welcome anyone who wants to join. Here's to a smooth crossing!!
Where do we meet? we want to make contact with a group to make the crossing.

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Probably Personally owned units not resort owned units, which would be to your benefit for sure! Hopefully the other amenities are there and in place as well!
The lady running the restaurant was nice and food was pretty good. I would be sure that you can use the gas as that could be a deal breaker if it's shut down that much.
I partly get the idea that they want to service a few bigger boats, not a bunch of little boats. If only I could read minds....
Will you be going in June, if so I would like to go with you guys

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Will you be going in June, if so I would like to go with you guys
I personally will not be this year. Far too much on my plate. But we mention our trip probably once a week! It is absolutely beautiful out there, no matter the amenities.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Asplundh family has been officially named as the buyers of Bimini Sands. A few weeks ago I heard they were four to six weeks away from closing. Their public naming suggests that the closing is close. If the sale closes I believe it bodes well for an improvement in services for 2020. I am uncertain where pricing will go.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hopefully finances allow us to check it out in 2020 or 2021! You know, for like, research on the new owners and such! Wouldn't wanna steer anyone away from a good thing now...

Luis Rodriguez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm definitely going, 6/23-6/28. Already booked my condo, booked a flight for the wife and kids (will not tolerate eating 2 foot chop for 2+ hours). I have plenty of salt water experience, come to think of it , I don't think the Yamaha has ever seen fresh water. That said, I have never crossed the gulf stream. Probably crossing with 2 other boats. Getting things situated with the boat. I'll be going down to Fort Lauderdale from Gainesville, FL. All others welcome.
I'm definitely going, 6/23-6/28. Already booked my condo, booked a flight for the wife and kids (will not tolerate eating 2 foot chop for 2+ hours). I have plenty of salt water experience, come to think of it , I don't think the Yamaha has ever seen fresh water. That said, I have never crossed the gulf stream. Probably crossing with 2 other boats. Getting things situated with the boat. I'll be going down to Fort Lauderdale from Gainesville, FL. All others welcome.
Hello, I had been very interesting in do the trip. SX190 2017. We are 4 can our dog go whit us? Haven’t done any trip on my boat far so I would like to travel whit company.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hello, I had been very interesting in do the trip. SX190 2017. We are 4 can our dog go whit us? Haven’t done any trip on my boat far so I would like to travel whit company.
This is not a "first trip" type of thing. Once you are confident in your boat and have installed safety equipment (which is talked about a LOT on these threads) I would watch some of the videos and such on youtube by jetboaters!!! It can be a wild ride and can catch you off guard!
Where do you boat at?
Where are you from? Add your location to your profile and use the user map to maybe find a friend!