• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip 2022 Dates???

KWB5205

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hello everyone!
I'm trying to plan for a 2022 trip to Bimini Bahamas. I have experience boating on the Great Lakes and small-large inland lakes as a Michigan native, but no saltwater. I was hoping to find out what dates are solidified for June or July. I've wanted to make this trip for a couple years now, just want to get something on the books.

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
We're trying to plan for last week of June.

KWB5205

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We're trying to plan for last week of June.
-Would this be your first time crossing?
-Have you booked any reservations on the Island of Bimini? I've been looking at a few Air B&Bs but hard to solidify anything with no dates.
I apologize for all the questions. Thanks for the response.:)

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
-Would this be your first time crossing?
-Have you booked any reservations on the Island of Bimini? I've been looking at a few Air B&Bs but hard to solidify anything with no dates.
I apologize for all the questions. Thanks for the response.:)
Hey! Yes, first time crossing. We have not booked but been scouring vrbo for places and researching like crazy. Read the PDF book about traveling to Bimini by boat, super helpful! We really want to nail down dates as well. Wanting to cross over with a small group but it's so hard when dates are all over the place. Looking at June 25th and come back July 1st. Or somewhere in that week. We're crossing with our kids who are mostly teens and one little guy who's 6. Looking for family friendly laid back people to cross with, that take boating in the ocean serious, but also wanna have fun!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

KWB5205

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey! Yes, first time crossing. We have not booked but been scouring vrbo for places and researching like crazy. Read the PDF book about traveling to Bimini by boat, super helpful! We really want to nail down dates as well. Wanting to cross over with a small group but it's so hard when dates are all over the place. Looking at June 25th and come back July 1st. Or somewhere in that week. We're crossing with our kids who are mostly teens and one little guy who's 6. Looking for family friendly laid back people to cross with, that take boating in the ocean serious, but also wanna have fun!
Hello again,
I agree with you on making it difficult to book when dates are up in the air and we are getting closer to June. What state would you guys be traveling from? My wife and I did some looking last night and we decided to book a VRBO to at least hold it and its fully refundable until sometime in June. Check out Port Royal on the south island that's where we booked and found a place on a canal for easy boat access and the price was reasonable compared to some of the VRBOs on the north island and having to pay for dockage and travel by golf cart to your boat. We did dates June 24 through July1 (7 days) with the unknowing of the forecast so we would at least have 4-5 days in Bimini I always figure days for buffers due weather unable to cross and return you never know or we may get lucky and spend all 7 days there. Our group consists of 4 so far may have another couple fly in or take the ferry due to limited work vacation days. My wife and I are both 34yrs of age very easygoing laid back people, no kids yet but love them, we are usually the "go to boat" for all the watersports for the kids at our local lake, we enjoy it!

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Hello again,
I agree with you on making it difficult to book when dates are up in the air and we are getting closer to June. What state would you guys be traveling from? My wife and I did some looking last night and we decided to book a VRBO to at least hold it and its fully refundable until sometime in June. Check out Port Royal on the south island that's where we booked and found a place on a canal for easy boat access and the price was reasonable compared to some of the VRBOs on the north island and having to pay for dockage and travel by golf cart to your boat. We did dates June 24 through July1 (7 days) with the unknowing of the forecast so we would at least have 4-5 days in Bimini I always figure days for buffers due weather unable to cross and return you never know or we may get lucky and spend all 7 days there. Our group consists of 4 so far may have another couple fly in or take the ferry due to limited work vacation days. My wife and I are both 34yrs of age very easygoing laid back people, no kids yet but love them, we are usually the "go to boat" for all the watersports for the kids at our local lake, we enjoy it!
Awesome I will check out Port Royal, thanks! We're coming from North Carolina!

rocky4x479

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man i was hoping to cross on june 19th and come back 24th. But its first time on ocean and want to fall in with a group. Gonna be hauling from Oklahoma so got a good longish haul

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is a trip I'd like to take eventually. Always cool seeing folks' photos and hearing their experiences.

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Man i was hoping to cross on june 19th and come back 24th. But its first time on ocean and want to fall in with a group. Gonna be hauling from Oklahoma so got a good longish haul
We're not opposed to those dates either. That week is what we're looking at right now.

rocky4x479

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just booked A VRBO for the 19th -24th . That will allow me to get down to florida mid day on the 18th. to prepare and all that jazz. its a solid 21 hr drive then figure in the boat towing stuff probably more like 24. So Pumped now to go buy all the recommended do-dads and thingamajigs

KWB5205

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm still up in the air on Bimini for this year....if I go....would likely be an early July trip - like the 2nd week.
Hello,
I'm guessing you have been a few times?

KWB5205

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yea I hear ya! coming from Michigan, driving isn't fun. I wouldn't be opposed to those dates either, I would just have to change my VRBO reservations, I read in a different thread that there was someone or a couple people going on June 24 through July 1st or close to those dates? I also would like to cross with a couple boats if possible.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m looking at Sunday to Sunday (June 12 - 19). Ideally cross over the morning of the 12th and cross back the morning of the 19th. The 7 days of accommodations will allow for some cushion on front and back of trip if weather isn’t cooperating. Pretty locked in on these dates but would like a buddy boat or 2 if others are considering the same dates.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m looking at Sunday to Sunday (June 12 - 19). Ideally cross over the morning of the 12th and cross back the morning of the 19th. The 7 days of accommodations will allow for some cushion on front and back of trip if weather isn’t cooperating. Pretty locked in on these dates but would like a buddy boat or 2 if others are considering the same dates.
I mean you could shorten this back down to a three day trip and join us June 16 to the 19th and then of course come with us to the Abaco for 10 days a few weeks later 😂.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just to throw it out there for everyone July 13-17 is the 2nd annual FL gulf coast JB group. So would be good to avoid that weekend if possible.

Personally, I would actually be very interested in a late July/early Aug timeframe between my kids school/university semesters.

KWB5205

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Been three times....or as my brother says...3 1/2 (after our lengthy rescue)
Oh boy, that has to be rough getting rescued 😬 but as long as you all got back in one piece. So where did you launch out of and keep your truck and trailer Ft. Lauderdale or Haulover?

Christiana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We just booked 6/27-7/1. Taking a whole week unfortunately doesn’t work with our schedules.
This will be our second crossing. Will definitely be looking for some buddy boats!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Oh boy, that has to be rough getting rescued 😬 but as long as you all got back in one piece. So where did you launch out of and keep your truck and trailer Ft. Lauderdale or Haulover?
All three times I've gone we launched from Harbor Towne Marina and either left my SUV there, or parked it at FFL long term airport parking.