• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blown engine...Need some advice

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
OUT OF WATER !!! I don't ever do that, you don't really believe you are getting the water out of the exhaust system by doing that ??? Because you won' t!!!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OUT OF WATER !!! I don't ever do that, you don't really believe you are getting the water out of the exhaust system by doing that ??? Because you won' t!!!
I was just going by the Yamaha owners manual.
Screenshot_20160623-102742.png

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would rev each engine a few time when out of the water out to avoid freezing issues. I did not rev it very high and just two or three short bursts. It did push a lot of water out and I never had anything freeze.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just sharing what works for me and why, after all it's your boat . I don't run water all over the outside of my engines after I use it either. I spray everything with whit lithium grease to cover it with a film but that's just how I deal with salt water use everyone has their own way. I do what works for me like car wash soap in the engine for flushing after every use.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just sharing what works for me and why, after all it's your boat . I don't run water all over the outside of my engines after I use it either. I spray everything with whit lithium grease to cover it with a film but that's just how I deal with salt water use everyone has their own way. I do what works for me like car wash soap in the engine for flushing after every use.
Really...wash soap and white lithium grease? (intrigued)

I had thought about the soap but was concerned about bubbles in the engines. I like the white lithium grease...are you applying that to all of your exposed jet parts?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well the white lithium grease sticks to what you spray it on and it is inexpensive,readily available at Walmart or other places like that for less than 2 dollars a can. You can put it on the pumps cables electrical connections also .
As for the car wash soap , you can buy a large bottle just about anyplace, I put it in a squirt bottle and I make pigtails with the quick release fittings for my flush ports.
Once I attach the pigtail I squirt the car wash soap in the open end before connecting the hose coupler, I also have a shut off valve on my hose coupler so I can easily turn on the flush water or quickly turn it off . The reason for the car wash soap is the liquid wax in the soap leaves a film in the water jackets and helps to protect the metal from corrosion. I run the engines until I do not see any soap suds coming out the pump or exhaust it is probably only a couple of minutes actually.
Then I turn off the water, remove the hose and wait about 30 seconds to turn off the engine so the excess water drains out of the muffler .

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well the white lithium grease sticks to what you spray it on and it is inexpensive,readily available at Walmart or other places like that for less than 2 dollars a can. You can put it on the pumps cables electrical connections also .
As for the car wash soap , you can buy a large bottle just about anyplace, I put it in a squirt bottle and I make pigtails with the quick release fittings for my flush ports.
Once I attach the pigtail I squirt the car wash soap in the open end before connecting the hose coupler, I also have a shut off valve on my hose coupler so I can easily turn on the flush water or quickly turn it off . The reason for the car wash soap is the liquid wax in the soap leaves a film in the water jackets and helps to protect the metal from corrosion. I run the engines until I do not see any soap suds coming out the pump or exhaust it is probably only a couple of minutes actually.
Then I turn off the water, remove the hose and wait about 30 seconds to turn off the engine so the excess water drains out of the muffler .
I did the same flush routine but I used original dawn dish soap, I read about using it in some saltwater fishing forum a while back.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I really like that! Thank you very much.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have also used dish soap but I like the idea of the liquid wax in the car wash soap.

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
That's sounds really cool do you have a pic of the thing you made for the soap

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpeg This is what I made and used, the marina I was at in FL had really good water pressure/flow so I would occasionally run both engines but I also liked not having to disconnect from one engine and connect to the other when just running one at a time, I could just turn the shutoff valves.
I would pour soap down the hoses before I connected the water hose. Flush connectors are about $2.54 at the Yamaha dealers.

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Ok thanks i have a shut off value like that on mine now but only one hose . But like the double idea how much soap do u squirt down the hose

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have pictures but for some reason this site drives me nuts trying to post pictures so I can't help you unless you want me to email them to you.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok thanks i have a shut off value like that on mine now but only one hose . But like the double idea how much soap do u squirt down the hose
I never measured, just a decent squirt maybe about 2 seconds of squeezing.

I did like Jeff, just ran it until the bubbles stopped plus about a minute or so.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could always sell or trade the boat with the bad motor. Maybe upgrade to a newer boat and reduce your looses. Somebody on this forum who is handy may be looking for a project boat at a discount price. Just an idea you would need to run the numbers for your circumstances.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have pictures but for some reason this site drives me nuts trying to post pictures so I can't help you unless you want me to email them to you.
That's not good....what device are you using to post from and can you give us some specifics on what happens? If you are on a PC you can drag and drop images on the "Reply" frame and it uploads multiple images at once! Otherwise, I've used apple, andriod and pc with the Upload File button with no issues either.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, this thread is keeping me up at night. So, what you guys are saying is I should sell my boat in 2019 before the warranty runs out?
Seriously. . . . maybe I can use this thread to get my wife to allow the upgrade to the 25LSV a little early. . . = )

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@0627Devildog that bad boy is huge! Over 10,000 lbs with full ballast. What kind of wake are you looking for haha? Enough to sink smaller boats around you?! A kid I know through my cousins is sponsored by Malibu and this is his below. It's a beautiful boat for sure! Ok, sorry..back to the blown engine thread.

malibu.jpg

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@0627Devildog that bad boy is huge! Over 10,000 lbs with full ballast.
That's half the appeal. . . . . plus the fit and finish are amazing on these bad boys. My buddy in Acworth has the 23LSV and we fell in LOVE surfing behind it.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's half the appeal. . . . . plus the fit and finish are amazing on these bad boys. My buddy in Acworth has the 23LSV and we fell in LOVE surfing behind it.
Nice, yeah they are quality built boats. You will have to let me know the next time you are down this way. Will have to meet up with you guys out on the water.