• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

boating getting wrapped can I reuse chrome lettering?

snowman_audio

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
What's going on everyone,

I'm in the process of wrapping my 252SD and the wrap company said they will be removing the Yamaha emblem and lettering on the lower aft of the boat. He said they will reinstall them if I would like, but suggested to get a new set since they might get damaged during removal. Looking around on the internet I found part # F4Y-U4114-00-00 as the lettering, but none of the sites have decent enough pics of the product. Is this the correct part number?

Also I have heard that a few people are saying the lettering is actually falling off, if they are easily removable how would I get the adhesive off the back and what adhesive should I use to reapply so they will not peel off in the future?

snowman_audio

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Anyone ever had to replace these before?

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The chrome Yamaha letters? If your wrap company doesn’t know how to get those off a new boat without damaging them then I’d find a new wrap company.

They make specific adhesives/tape for putting emblems on, although I’d also expect the wrap company to know more about the right way to stick them to the wrap instead of gelcoat.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And gentle heat gun/hairdryer and solvent (acetone or specific goo removers) to get the old adhesive off the emblems.

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
If they remove the emblems they will probably use fishing string to cut the adhesive tape, that is what I would do. They probably just don't want to mess with cleaning up the old letters and then putting new 3M tape on them and then trying to get them back on straight. I don't blame them as I have done similar things and they bite you in the ass! 2 of them could take someone and hour or more to do. New letters come with the tape applied and probably grouped together for an easier install. 10 minutes vs an hour. They are probably used to doing cars and the emblems for those are cheap, these emblems are north of $50 up to $100 each.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone ever had to replace these before?
I'm no help here, but would love to hear more about your wrap, what it looks like, what it cost etc.

I'm thinking about getting a Jetboaters.net wrap or perhaps just a large decal on each side.....

Big Wil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Yes- it is the correct part#. I just received mine from Boats.net

I had the same issue identifying what I needed.36804E91-6B50-4B7F-A484-9DD9FFD9FB2A.jpeg