• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bought a new 2017 Yamaha 212X

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The tanks empty are going to be heavier than empty bags. The co-captain chair probably is heavier than a bench as well.

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They hard tanked the new boats for 2017
I think he was talking about the dry weight, not the ballast on the 212x...

I would guess the extra weight comes mostly from the hull changes since it sounds like they beefed up a few spots for noise reduction, etc. Maybe the tower weights a bit more than previous years? And that new 7" screen in the dash must weigh a ton more than the old dials. :p
Yes, I was talking about the dry weight, but the "hard tank" is interesting. Namely: does that mean that you lose storage space? I love all the storage space I have without the tanks filled (they are not filled most of the time). The big issue for me is that it basically means that I'd need a new tow vehicle, as many SUVs are rated only 5,000lbs, and with the boat+trailer, you'd be over once you load it all up and with gas.

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
BTW: What's the difference between the 2017 AR210, 212 Limited S, and 212X? Do they have a comparison table somewhere?

PS: I think Yamaha's site is messed up. It lists the AR210 dry weight as 4032lbs

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Engines mostly. The 210 has the smaller less powerful TR-1, that an general fit and finish is better on the X and limited models.

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Engines mostly. The 210 has the smaller less powerful TR-1, that an general fit and finish is better on the X and limited models.
Got it. I missed the TR-1.

So what is different between the Limited and X model then? They both look like they have wake towers and ballasts, but the X is $5k more :)

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a Limited, Limited S, and X. They all have the same engines. The Limited is no wake tower, Limited S is the Limited plus a tower, X is full on watersports (tower, ballast, tower speakers, racks) plus a few other amenities.

That and graphics.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It is a very nice boat. (Judging from the LS)
The quiet cruise and hinged seats being the two most impressive things to me. I like the storage access in front of the helm. I hope to be on my friends in about a week.
You know, a boat stopped in a cove or along a beach is a very quiet one. You don't ALWAYS need to be messing up the lake with a huge wave when you go boating.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Then why do you have a boat?:)
I suspect that pretty little wife of yours is going to have you driving a surfboard around all next season.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Then why do you have a boat?:)
I suspect that pretty little wife of yours is going to have you driving a surfboard around all next season.
Yeah, we just realized that when we put one on our Christmas list someone bought the wrong thing. So unless she can go ropeless we are stuck! 2 day shipping in effect!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@stever40 were evaluating the pros and cons of offering snap in SeaDek. That product is a competitor's product and if it performs like their past products I predict there will be mixed reviews over the ko g term.

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@stever40 were evaluating the pros and cons of offering snap in SeaDek. That product is a competitor's product and if it performs like their past products I predict there will be mixed reviews over the ko g term.
Thank you for the reply. I will wait for the reviews. Wont buy unless it comes from you! Very satisfied with past orders/service!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm interested in the reviews too. Our cruiser needs new carpet on the rear deck and flybridge and we haven't decided if we want more carpet or not. I'd rather deal with Will at @JetBoatPilot then anyone local on this.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks guys, I will try to keep you posted. Likely the cost would be higher than traditional SeaDek due to the additional secondary processes to get it ready for installation. We'll know more once SeaDek corporate advises us about the direction they'd like to go.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Brian eilrich is being told that his blue 212X is being built this coming week and possibly shipped to Chicago by Friday. I hope to have some pictures posted next weekend.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I wonder how long it takes to build a jetboat?

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member