• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Brilliant idea to prevent brakes from rusting from salt water

Fargo007

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I have to replace my left side calipers because they are literally rusted shut and won't release. I don't think the right side is going to be far behind.

This seems totally worth a try to avoid that, or at least buy time.

Unless we can get stainless calipers somewhere as a drop in replacement.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Will work even better with DI ( de ionized) water… but still, just a quick spritz with tap water will help a lot.

Fargo007

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It seems so simple and effective. My wife usually parks the truck & trailer after I run the boat off into the water, so I'm just gonna set a sprayer up with water and salt away and show her what to do.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Venture aluminum single axle trailer under the Whaler has TieDown hardware. It also came with this drum brake washdown assembly. I do need to replace the tubing, but you can hook your brakes up to a hose too. Amazon.com I am in fresh water and no hurry to fix the tubing, but it looks like it would work well.

Pretty easy to build your own disc brake sprayer.

20230603_161609.jpg

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have been doing this for years and also coating the bolts and leaf springs with fluid film. It definitely helps but the calipers will seize up you can't get in there. You need stainless calipers to keep the brakes operating