• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Busy day lots of mods and work

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Very busy day caulked under my console everywhere and realized all the locker lids were not tightening down.

2nd Bilge Install direct wired to battery with built in float switch

FYI I ran by hole saw in reverse as suggested by others!!!! Use blue tape as well before drilling!!

Tightened down my locker lids which were way too loose

Port Rear Compartment drain to motor
Found small amounts of water standing back here so adding these holes so the water can easily get down to the bilge.

Starboard Drain to motor

SeaDek Drainage
Had standing water in these phone holders so I drilled holes in each side so they can drain out

Caulk around the throttle want to make sure no water gets through

Put silicon around everything so it won't get down into my center console area.

Wire Caulking

Ignition Caulking

Expensive amp cover

Put rubber spacers below the amp so its not directly sitting on the white board. In case water gets on it the amp will be above it and to allow for air flow. Once it gets warmer might add a small computer fan to help with air flow.
Pictures do not show it well but the cover actually has an overhang for air to come up and I put air holes in the sides to allow for air movement. Its not completely covered

Last edited:

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice work! It looks like you are ready for a sub move! I get to wake my boat up from winter slumber tomorrow to leak check it on the lake after replaced steering cables.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Covering those amps may not let them cool properly. You could have issues with them tripping to protect them from over heating

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Billy Marlin , for the 2nd bilge wired directly to the battery, did you add anything to turn off the bilge so that it doesn't drain the battery between outings? I want to do this and any info on parts/supplies, etc would be great. Thank you

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Billy Marlin , for the 2nd bilge wired directly to the battery, did you add anything to turn off the bilge so that it doesn't drain the battery between outings? I want to do this and any info on parts/supplies, etc would be great. Thank you
A float switch pump draws nothing unless the float triggers the pump - which would only happen if you have water in the boat.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@4x15mph Julian is correct, there won't be any draw from most float switch operated pumps. However, even "direct to battery" installations should have an inline fuse to prevent a fire. If you were worried about leakage current, you could always pull the fuse.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Covering those amps may not let them cool properly. You could have issues with them tripping to protect them from over heating
Yeh going to check it when the temps get up to see how warm it gets I can actually remove the cover pretty easy its more designed to make sure I don't have any water drippage on the unit. Might add a small computer fan to help with air flow if needed. On this FSH 190 I have had water show up everywhere so more concerned with water getting in my amp than heat right now.

@4x15mph I just got an automatic bilge that has a built in float switch. It has the option to be wired up to run all the time or only kick on if the float switch is activated. I ran it straight to the battery with an inline fuse then ran a 10' hose from the pump to the 2nd through hull 3/4 plug.
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=5211&familyName=Seachoice+Thru-Hull+with+Broad+Flange

KyleWade14

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What did you use to attach the bilge pump with? I'm going to do the same setup.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Since I wanted to be able to remove this pump if I had to I just put a little dab of 5200 marine sealant in the corner of the plastic where it would contact the hull. If I had 4000 would have used that instead so I don't have to worry about removing it if it needs to be replaced.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-05280-Marine-Adhesive-Sealant/dp/B00VFIQNUC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460400902&sr=8-1&keywords=marine+4000+adhesive

In the FSH the pump does not really sit flush against the hull sits at an angle which I like because the float does not take a lot of water to engage. This way if for some reason I don't have the bilge on I have an automatic bilge at all times.