• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buyer BEWARE

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was killing time and searching around for available 212x to purchase. I also had to do my due dilligance and check prices to be sure I am getting a fair deal. On one of the posts on this site someone recommended seedealercost.com and that is a great tool. Beware of Hall Marine Group in the Carolinas. I was quoted almost 3K above MSRP on the boat and the sales rep said they do not haggel and that is their price. What a joke, unless that comes with spare tire, aluminum wheels, boat buckls, guides, amplifiers etc installed plus a blow job and it would have to be the best ever... I think they are selling crack. It is astonishing that if this is how they do business that people buy from them at all unless the sales staff can really sell shit icicles to eskimos...

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spoke to them while shopping for a boat, I agree terrible customer service.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wish Yamaha would open up a factory store. All boats at minimum prices with no delivery and prep fees!

It's a shame some dealers act this way. I wonder if Yamaha has regulations for sales prices?

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I know they have regional prices and they have premier dealer prices. Based on the regional at MSRP the dealer stands to make about 5K. This does not include if thay tag a point or two on your APR or any other "hidden" fees they may trump up. Just with dealing over the phone and getting the response I did, they either have no interest in finding new buyers or they rape everyone that walks through the door. Being Hall has several dealerships I would assume they get premier pricing which would drop their cost by about 1500 so I guess they need to make 8500 profit on each boat they sell...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It is the same with any product that sells well. If the buyer will pay it, the seller will charge it. I remember when Dodge Vipers came out and dealers were taking pre orders and prices were going up on them. Simple supply and demand.

When my wife's car was totalled we were at a Lexus dealer and they had an RX350 we wanted to buy. It was a demo (a car used during the US Open) with 2500 miles on it. MSRP was 48,500 and I asked them what the wanted for it and they came back with 48k. I raised my eyebrows and said I was thinking more around 43k, and the said...."Sorry, but we can sell it for 48K"....and we walked out without any sort of counter offer! No way I'll set foot in Johnson Lexus of Raleigh ever again, not because they are assholes or anything....but like you, I'm not willing to pay that much of a premium for their cars. I'll go somewhere else and buy a gently used one for 10k off MSRP!!!!! But apparently some people are willing to shell it out.....(its those idiots I'll buy from later!)

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i agree, i know this place they are horrible

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Real shame manufacturers do not seem interested that poor dealerships harm their product. Wonder if it's the case Yamaha are screwing the profit so low the selling agent is just not bothered about product loyalty?
As others have mentioned, it's the same with some Auto dealers too, but we can all vote who we purchase off with our feet.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't think it harms the product it's just when the dealership tries to make it out more than what it is, like they have the last one and no other dealer will do any better. I find it funny that their mentality is really that dumb as if people do not have mounds of information at their fingertips. It's assholes like that which give salesmen in general a bad wrap. I tell you when I find a good salesman and he strives to earn my business, and it goes well after the point of purchase they have a customer for life, even if their prices are it the cheapest, if they are reasonable it is well worth paying a little more to make sure they are around when you need them.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It would be pretty cool if we could custom order our boats just like you can do with a car....order only what you want and nothing you dont...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Believe it or not but I think that would drive the finished price up a lot since it would slow production.

jarozi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Had a similar experience, dealer in my area quoted $10k over MSRP for a 2015 242 LS.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hall Marine is right across the lake from my house. My buddy ordered his new 2014 AR192 from them at the boat show. They kept giving him the run around so he said f it. He went to Harper Cycle and Marine in Herdersonville, NC, same place I got my boat just months before on consignment. Great family owned business. They had the exact one he wanted right on the lot. He called Hall and told them to cancel the order and returned his deposit. We were on the lake the next day.

Contact Hareper Cycle and Marine. Tell them Colin sent you!

http://www.harpercycle.com/ - Looks like they have one on their lot.