• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Can I rotate the passenger seat ?

RobertH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Hi Folks,

I have a Sugar Sand Tango Super Sport 2007 model and it seems as though I should be able to rotate the passenger seat to act as an observer while towing. But the seat back seems to jam against the side of the boat when I lift the underseat toggle and attempt to rotate it. Is there some trick to this ?

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I used to have a 180 Searay (not a sugar) and I would have to rotate the back of the seat towards the captions chair to spin it around. You couldnt spin it the other way or the back would hit the side of the boat. Rotate the seat counter clock wise, maybe that will work.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is there a slide mechanism under the seat to adjust it forward or aft?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

pmorita

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Had the same issue with my Tango. What Julian said worked for me. There is knob that you can turn under the seat that allows it to slide back and forth. If you slide the seat forward before you spin it, it still touches the side of the boat, but there is plenty of room to force it around. I have mine facing backwards permanently so I slid the seat towards the bow and tightened the knob and never touch it again.

RobertH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Hey thanks guys, I did manage to get it rotated. It seems the catch can lock down in multiple 30 or 45degree increments, that's probably what had me confused. Thanks for the help !

RobertH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
oh one other question, does anyone know where to source a replacement seat position adjuster knob ? My passenger seat only has a bolt in that location whereas the captain's chair has the "knob on a stick" to allow forward-backward adjustment.

1632880876166.png

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
oh one other question, does anyone know where to source a replacement seat position adjuster knob ? My passenger seat only has a bolt in that location whereas the captain's chair has the "knob on a stick" to allow forward-backward adjustment.

View attachment 164455
That seat slide is a Garelick. I looked quickly and could not find that seat part sold separatly. Search for Garelick seat slide parts. All I could find was the whole assembly.

20210929_073236.jpg

20210929_102326.jpg

Last edited:

RobertH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Thank you very much, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me with this. This is a great forum and I'm so happy to have found it. Love the Sugar Sand too !

Cheers guys