• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cancelled my 252 SE order. Thanks all for great forum

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats on the Crownie.

Alot of the surf boats are now offering side cleats off the tower as an option. Supposedly it’s easier for beginners to learn.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Beautiful boat...great choice. Ahh the V-8...
Thanks for sharing and Happy Boating!

Funny in the Crownline video nobody has a life jacket on and one dufus has a helmet on..haha!

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Beautiful boat...great choice. Ahh the V-8...
Thanks for sharing and Happy Boating!

Funny in the Crownline video nobody has a life jacket on and one dufus has a helmet on..haha!
I didn't even notice not PFDs. Can't believe CL has that on their site. I think the helmet wearing guy has a go pro on and is filming it.

As for the side tow, I talked to an owner last night and he said he used the tower pylon for wakeboarding and surfing and for tubing and skiing there is a center mass flush mount rope hook that pops out when you turn it. So, that is pretty clear evidence that the people making the video didn't know what the heck they were doing. There is always a chance that the got demo or pre production unit that did not have a tower pylon on it I guess. Either way, pretty hokey video and not having lifer preservers on while surfing is just plane dumb. But no one has ever fallen and taken a hit on the head with their board, right?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I didn't even notice not PFDs. Can't believe CL has that on their site. I think the helmet wearing guy has a go pro on and is filming it.

As for the side tow, I talked to an owner last night and he said he used the tower pylon for wakeboarding and surfing and for tubing and skiing there is a center mass flush mount rope hook that pops out when you turn it. So, that is pretty clear evidence that the people making the video didn't know what the heck they were doing. There is always a chance that the got demo or pre production unit that did not have a tower pylon on it I guess. Either way, pretty hokey video and not having lifer preservers on while surfing is just plane dumb. But no one has ever fallen and taken a hit on the head with their board, right?
They are also within 200 feet of that dock. If I owned that house I'd sue them for damages based on that photo lol

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They are also within 200 feet of that dock. If I owned that house I'd sue them for damages based on that photo lol
I think this might be a CGI video. Anyone with any techie experience agree?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I would hope so since it looks like they are pulling him right next to a no wake zone sign lol

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think this might be a CGI video. Anyone with any techie experience agree?
Looks like a real video. Also looks like a no wake zone....but they could have JUST started up??? Usually a round circle is no wake.

Not a single life jacket! What clowns.

surf capture.JPG

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like a real video. Also looks like a no wake zone....but they could have JUST started up??? Usually a round circle is no wake.

Not a single life jacket! What clowns.

View attachment 166113
IDK Julian, it looks eerily similar to another water sports video I've seen before.

Dennis P

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Just a quick thanks to all the contributors on this forum. It truly is a model for every other brand owners to follow. Lots of great info that ultimately lead me to the conclusion that the Yamaha was not the right boat for my family's need. My wife was looking for a family boat and my kids wanted a sport boat that they could surf behind; I realized that the Yamaha's really did neither of those particularly well and the one area where they do shine (being a jet boat) was of no particular interest to me.

I really wanted a boat with great build quality, one that I could leave wet slipped and not have to worry about it taking on water, and one that I did not need to sort out after I picked it up. I think I just got caught up in price shopping and the Yamaha was the best price per foot and I could kinda of make it work.

To that end I cancelled my order and the dealer graciously, and without question, agreed to promptly refund our deposit. i was lucky enough to find a 2021 new boat that a dealer in northern Idaho go in after the season was over and I bought it yesterday. Is it the best boat in the world, no, but it feels like a lot less compromise for our family. https://crownline.com/crownline-265-ss-surf/. https://crownline.com/crownline-265-ss-surf/ The one we bought has the 8.2L 430 hp engine and is loaded with almost every option available including the electric head with pump out (which checked a box for my wife). It has surf tabs and fat sacs for the kiddos and a banging stereo for me. Once I let go of the budget, it made finding the right boat easier, but it was a fat stack to lay down on a boat that's going into storage right away.

I'll keep lurking here b/c I've gained knowledge not specifically related to owning a jet boat. My wife and I have both watched the video on how to recognizing drowning. Very good knowledge to have, plus info on equipment for tubing, surfing, and general boating info that is good for anyone with a prop too.

Great forum. Cheers.
Nice quality boat, enjoy !

johhnyboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had a Crownline, great boats. It's definitely a whole different animal.
For a lot of boating scenarios you will love that boat. You won't love it in shallow or sandy conditions. Just don't suck up sand with a stern drive engine or you will be spending thousands of dollars figuring out a overheating problem (take it from experience).

Rooster585

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a nice loooong wake tho. Add more weight and that would be fun to surf.
Congrats and enjoy!

Last edited:

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had a Crownline, great boats. It's definitely a whole different animal.
For a lot of boating scenarios you will love that boat. You won't love it in shallow or sandy conditions. Just don't suck up sand with a stern drive engine or you will be spending thousands of dollars figuring out a overheating problem (take it from experience).
same with the jet boat. you just have to be careful and don't do stupid stuff regardless of what drive system you have on your boat. I know the shallows will be a challenge as this beast drafts 36" down and 33" up. Not much of a break with forward drive in the up position like you get with convention outdrive.

That said, I read through the thread here on sand intake and much of the avoidance strategy applies to outdrives as well. Anchor out with a stretch rope and use a beach anchor. If you bow beach it, cut your engine and coast in. Beach it in such a way that you can push it off the beach instead of requiring the engine/drive to get you off.

Like all things, a healthy dose of common sense goes a long way.

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is a nice loooong wake tho. more weight and that would be fun to surf.
Congrats and enjoy!
My thoughts are that the wave in the vid is trash. Fortunately, I found a guy on one of the forums who has the same boat as me and he sent me videos of his family surfing behind a nice, long fat wave ropeless. Wave was clean and rider had no issues moving forward and back. That meets my needs for sure.

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally picked it up today. Rained like hell the whole way to Priest Lake but got it into storage for the long winter. Included a pic of the speakers as I know how much @jocolo21 likes a ballin' sound system. It's stock but it definitely doesn't disappoint.

Attachments

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Owned a 2 Crownlines for 24 years........vary nice boats use to drive their boats in photo shoots at Rallys ect......... a they will always have the right permits and had the local authorities involved like DNR, sheriff dept dive boats ect... for safety, they used helicopters, chase boats ect.............If it was real and NOT CGI they got permission to film. Good company!!

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh forgot to add that computer controlled Dual Prop drive system that can keep the props tucked under the boat away from surfers ect..........is just out of control. Got to love a drive system that can rotate in any direction......Makes docking easy...........Im sure its has a slightly higher maintenance dollar figure if anything should go wrong but still !!!WOW!!!