• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Carrier Air handler tray leaking - only 9 years old....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My 9 year old carrier has a broken condensation tray....not happy (part under warranty, but labor to replace is not cheap....and of course I'm about to head out of the country on business, so I can't do anything myself!).

Really trying to figure out how the tray broke....I suspect the HVAC guys broke it.....can't imagine they break themselves!

Is this usual? How could it break on its own?

Seems suspicious to me - this happened shortly after the drain clogged and the drain tray overflowed because the float switch was installed incorrectly (wired wrong) - and this leaked through a cieling which had to be replaced. The company fixed the float and installed a different cutoff on the tray, and 2 weeks later...the internal air handler tray is cracked and leaking.....

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 9 year old carrier has a broken condensation tray....not happy (part under warranty, but labor to replace is not cheap....and of course I'm about to head out of the country on business, so I can't do anything myself!).

Really trying to figure out how the tray broke....I suspect the HVAC guys broke it.....can't imagine they break themselves!

Is this usual? How could it break on its own?

Seems suspicious to me - this happened shortly after the drain clogged and the drain tray overflowed because the float switch was installed incorrectly (wired wrong) - and this leaked through a cieling which had to be replaced. The company fixed the float and installed a different cutoff on the tray, and 2 weeks later...the internal air handler tray is cracked and leaking.....
Is this the tray that sits under the air handle? Is it plastic or metal? I agree the repair guy probably tripped or kicked it accidentally and broke it but he will plead the 5th if asked.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Never heard of a tray breaking. Did it crack at the nozzle? Could you 5200 it? Do you have pics?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is this the tray that sits under the air handle? Is it plastic or metal? I agree the repair guy probably tripped or kicked it accidentally and broke it but he will plead the 5th if asked.
This is the tray within the unit that has multiple drain outlets...one into the house drain, backup into the big tray below the unit.

They messed with the drain connections to the internal tray to add a sensor within it to alarm if the tray fills (drain is plugged). Then they also fixed the float on the big tray below to actually work.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Never heard of a tray breaking. Did it crack at the nozzle? Could you 5200 it? Do you have pics?
Don't have any photos.....haven't had a chance to dig into it at all. They are saying the part is covered under warranty, but labor will be 400-800 depending on if they end up have to add refrigerant.

And of course I fly out of the country tomorrow! These things usually break while I'm out of the country!

Last edited: