• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Cleanout plug full of water

motorboater

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One of my plugs always seems to fill with water. It is now harder to remove than the other plug even though I religiously remove them after each use/overnight, clean them and the tubes, and never use any sort of lubricant on them.

Do others have plugs filling with water as well? I had water in it when I disassembled it to install the TruLocks so I dont think I've created the problem. Suppose I'll need to check the seal on the bottom half.

Yup....water on the top of the plugs is normal. If your plug is hard to put in and take out, sounds like you need to order a plug repair kit. Link on this is in the FAQ.

One of mine ends up with water in it. I believe there is an o-ring on the release plugger that goes bad and lets water in, also the rubber skirt around the plug might go bad. Once I get aggreviated enough with water in my plug I will take it apart to inspect.

my one plug was an SOB to pull out.........THEN someone told me to twist the push button clockwise to tighten it up. I did this and the problem was solved... try it out and let me know

I get some water INSIDE the plug. I take mine apart every Winter and dry out to prevent water from freezing in there.

As Julian mentions, the Yamaha repair kit is not expensive, had the rubber seal/gasket, and the lower plug half. If it is filling with water easily, the seal/gasket is failing to do a good job. The I-ring leaks too, but it is minimal compared to the gasket. If it is hard to remove and it is clean, the ABS lower half is swelling and sticking. I have repaired these in the past by sanding down. I won't do that again. If I get a plug that fixed me any issues when clean and the neck seat is clean, I will replace the wear parts in a heartbeat...life is short, and a sticking plug is a blowout in the making.

Yup, water inside the plug itself is what I'm talking about. Have to order the repair kit I guess. Perhaps rotating the release knob a little further will help it release easier, thanks for the info @geiger41.

Yup, water inside the plug itself is what I'm talking about. Have to order the repair kit I guess. Perhaps rotating the release knob a little further will help it release easier, thanks for the info @geiger41.
I get water in side my plugs too. So far it hasn't caused any issues. I did open them up once and dry them out. But so far no real problems.

I get some water INSIDE the plug. I take mine apart every Winter and dry out to prevent water from freezing in there.

That's what I do. Take them apart and store inside.

Back