• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Columbus, OH area friends — quick connect antenna?

msjones144

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last minute Hail Mary here...Is there anyone in the Columbus are that has a quick connect antenna compatible with the Shakespeare quick connect mount that isn’t going to use it and would be willing to let me borrow it for the weekend? We’re heading to Cumberland tomorrow and I’ve got the whole VHF setup good to go but the antenna I ordered with expedited shipping on Monday hasn’t been picked up yet so I’m thinking it’s a bust. We wanted to have it to communicate between my boat and the house it’s but it’s not like an offshore excursion so definitely not a deal breaker, just thought I’d check.

Thanks!
Matt

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last minute Hail Mary here...Is there anyone in the Columbus are that has a quick connect antenna compatible with the Shakespeare quick connect mount that isn’t going to use it and would be willing to let me borrow it for the weekend? We’re heading to Cumberland tomorrow and I’ve got the whole VHF setup good to go but the antenna I ordered with expedited shipping on Monday hasn’t been picked up yet so I’m thinking it’s a bust. We wanted to have it to communicate between my boat and the house it’s but it’s not like an offshore excursion so definitely not a deal breaker, just thought I’d check.

Thanks!
Matt
Suggest Cabelas for the win! I can run over there and snag one if you need me to, let me know.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, I'm local, but I don't have an antenna for you. Wife and I were just at Cumberland Lake last weekend with two other couples. We rented a houseboat from Conley Bottom. First time with the houseboat experience, and it was beyond amazing. We just used two way radios for communication between houseboat and my boat, and while it wasn't amazing, it worked well enough to be very handy.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Suggest Cabelas for the win! I can run over there and snag one if you need me to, let me know.
Checked Cabelas, seems that the polaris store doesn't have any in-stock. I did some looking around WestMarine, looks like if you want to scoot up to Sandusky you could get one from in-store. The Dublin West Marine is permanently closed, which i didn't realize.

msjones144

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys. Yeah I checked Cabelas too, as that seems to be the only option for brick and mortar boating stuff these days around here (sadly). A trip to Sandusky is prohibitive for the sake of time but thanks for looking that up @mark_m

May just have to wait til Bimini next year to flex the VHF setup, good to know hand held 2-ways will work down there @dgfreeze and th at it was a good time, can’t wait to get rolling that way in the AM.

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You know there is a Cabelas right off i75 in Lexington? You will drive within 1/4 mile of it on your way to Cumberland anyway.

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@msjones144 I've got several 8ft QC-8 (8 ft) Shakespeare antennas and would sell you one cheap. West Marine sent me a whole box of them instead of just 1 a couple years ago and I haven't been able to get rid of them since shipping an 8ft long box through a non-commercial account is ridiculously expensive. I'm in KY near Green River Lake so may be relatively close depending on which end of Cumberland you'll be at.

msjones144

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @jsg73, I didn't think about checking that Cabelas on the way down, but we made it work and had a great long weekend. Might've just been anxious to use my new setup.

@BBottoms, my antenna arrived on Saturday and the company credited my cost for shipping even though it was a UPS facility power outage due to a storm. Pretty happy with the service recovery effort. This was Hodges Marine...I would use them again. Appreciate the offer, but will stick with my new 4 footer!