• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Comments and Suggestions for Factory Yamaha

One thing to keep in mind (besides this just being my opinion) is that Yamaha has great pricing due to the fact that they don't have, for example, multiple color schemes to choose from. This keeps their cost down which keeps OUR cost down. I think that all the things everyone has mentioned so far are fantastic ideas but the more important question is will you pay the NEW boat pricing with these options?? Yamaha having a quality product and a reasonable price for me is one of the best features to me. ;)

Agree!

The real question here is everyone willing to pay more for these suggestions?

I think this is an easy one, how about a bow cleat for the anchor? Every boat I've been on or owned has a bow cleat to tie the anchor off to.

Oh I remember another suggestion - 1 that kills me.

How about an easily accessible battery switch? I absolutely hate where that switch is located. I'd love to see in the closet.

@octavio3311 - They HAVE addressed this in the 2015 24 foot boats.
The passenger side rear seat flips up on hinges, and you are "at" the switches in 4 seconds flat. Maybe less.

Hope this helps you and others who feel similarly. Best WIshes, Mikey Lulejian

I will start with Noise. Many have stated that the noise can be reduced by installing noise reducing mating inside the engine compartment and installing better seals around the engine hatch. Should we have to make this a mod? Hell No. Yamaha has supposedly addressed the issue with the 2015 models, but from the initial reviews the noise is still pretty loud. I think they can do better. If they want me to trade my 2010 on a newer model this is one issue I will want fixed. And I should not have to make this a mod and self perform the labor. Better materials and baffeling could be used during production to resolve this issue. Or perhaps, new engines with higher torque that run at lower rpm with larger pumps???
@BigN8 The noise improvements have only been made on the 240 & 242 models. for 2015. Everything I've read and watched about these models, the differences compared to previous model years are significant. I'm sure that these improvements will be made on all other models when the next major updates are due.... it does appear that there's an overwhelming majority of owners that would put sound dampening at the top of their list of improvements!

Also don't the new 24 footers have the nave light on the tower now? Mine hasn't come in yet but that's what I was told.

I like everything on my boat but the one thing I wish could change is the step over the motor. I wanted a boat with the rear seats and awesome platform on the back since that's where we spend all are time. That step could be improved and made it so the step is not so awkward. Other manufacturers are able to do it yamaha should to.

So what you're saying is the option of having options as an option should always be an option?
Completely agree would LOVE to have lots of options but giving options will increase the price of the boat. If you put yourself in Yamaha's shoes and look at it from a fabrication point, options is basically saying customized. They can't mass produce boats when they don't know which boats will have which options. Don't get me wrong would LOVE to have the options but wouldn't pay an extra "X"thousand for my exact same boat just for the option to have options.

If you put yourself in Yamaha's shoes and look at it from a fabrication point, options is basically saying customized. They can't mass produce boats when they don't know which boats will have which options.

Agree...but they are beginning to put out SOME (one?) dealer installable options (Speaker upgrades). It wouldn't be hard to build the boat so more of these would be possible. And I'll be some dealers will jump on them, others won't. It is sort of like some of the things aftermarket vendors are offering....just make it simpler and easier. For example, many manufacturers leave a square flat spot for after market GPS install with power and switch points available....

Cannot speak for all dealerships, however our dealership offers lots of add on's that they will install or have installed. Stereo, speakers, cameras, led lighting, etc. It all comes with a larger price. I think Yamaha has it right in keeping the price lower. Most included items on Yamaha are options on other manufactures.

It is sort of like some of the things aftermarket vendors are offering....just make it simpler and easier. For example, many manufacturers leave a square flat spot for after market GPS install with power and switch points available....
Now that's definitely a good idea, make some changes so that the popular aftermarket add-ons will be more "plug and play" if you will. Of course aftermarketers should also do a better job of making it fit Yamaha boats as well, after all they are in the business of fitting mods to existing boats.

@Boat Crazy I agree completely, I think keeping the price point low by offering basic options they can mass produce but with a high quality product is a very smart way to go. Besides, when you read the customization posts on the site there seems to always be a difference of opinion on each specific mod added regarding manufacturer or model. With that being said if Yamaha started adding options that obviously not everyone agrees with and then has to raise the price to do so there would then be two new arguments thrown at Yamaha 'Why did you jack up your price!!??' and 'Why did you add THAT crappy option'. I think it's smarter to provide a quality boat at a great price (even if it's more basic) because that's what they are in the business to do... provide a quality boat. Let the buyer pick from the thousands of mods out there to customize the boat YOU want, that's what the aftermarketers are in business to do... provide custom mods for your specific needs. I'm of the opinion of master one thing and do it well, as soon as you become a 'jack of all trades' the 'do it well' part starts declining.

As I've said many times - I don't consider Yamaha boats to be the "bargain" boat people keep referring to. Maybe at 1 time yes. And of course some models are more of a bargain than others. My 212x has run me up to $60k -($53k after taxes and another $5500-$6000 in stuff) but that's because of me and my mods - we mod these boats cause they don't come with options that I/we want. But lets look at the current 242 Limited S - it's $62k before anything. Before galvanized trailer, before taxes - so it's safe to assume that she'll run you $65k OTD, assuming you don't get caught up in modding her. . And we all know that there is not a lot of wiggle room in Yamaha's MSRP, if any depending on where you buy and when. When I purchased my Yamaha, I had narrowed it down to 2 contenders - my Yamaha 212x and a Bryant 233x. The Bryant 233x's MSRP was $80k - but a little negotiating and dealer discounts, final price was $63k. With that $63k, I chose color, graphics, interior colors, carpet colors, wake tower arch color, Perfect Pass, stereo options, trailer color, trailer wheels - it was loaded - right from the factory, all covered under 1 warranty. But I still chose the Yamaha because of the layout and the jet propulsion - I didn't want another I/O.

What I didn't consider at the time was a true dedicated wakeboat. I was under the impression that they would all cost $90k and up. I was wrong. 1 of our local dealers took on the Ski Supreme lineup last summer. A fully loaded V226 is around $65k. If I had seen those, chances are I would've bought it.

I agree with this if the 212x needs straight from manufacture for surfing as its the wake addition boat from Yamaha it needs more to compete with wake board boats

Take Axis for instance Axis is made by Malibu boats to be cheaper but still have surfgate and other grate features. I used axis caz 212x and axis a20 are the 2 im debating about.
Name Year MSRP Invoice
Axis A20 Wake Boat 2015 $54,857.00 $40,505.00
Axis A22 Wake Boat 2015 $59,732.00 $43,907.00
Axis A24 Wake Boat 2015 $63,399.00 $46,547.00

I will start with Noise. Many have stated that the noise can be reduced by installing noise reducing mating inside the engine compartment and installing better seals around the engine hatch. Should we have to make this a mod? Hell No. Yamaha has supposedly addressed the issue with the 2015 models, but from the initial reviews the noise is still pretty loud. I think they can do better. If they want me to trade my 2010 on a newer model this is one issue I will want fixed. And I should not have to make this a mod and self perform the labor. Better materials and baffeling could be used during production to resolve this issue. Or perhaps, new engines with higher torque that run at lower rpm with larger pumps???
Need to be specific. The 2015 24 footers do NOT have a noise issue. I imagine that they will make the same type of changes across the fleet in the years to come.

Need to be specific. The 2015 24 footers do NOT have a noise issue. I imagine that they will make the same type of changes across the fleet in the years to come.
ABSOLUTELY ! Well Said ! Thanks for making this clear !@

People still do not understand the 24 foot 2015 Yamahas are WHOLE NEW BOATS ..... They are not "this year's models) !!!"
Happy Easter .......... Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Back