• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

[Connext] - Removing a stored bluetooth device?

JoeMitchem

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
On the new Connext system, does anyone know how to delete a device that has been paired via bluetooth so that it no longer shows up as a stored device?

I was playing with my setup this weekend and paired a device that I have no intention of using on the lake and now it resides in the #1 slot on the paired devices buttons. The OCD in me just wants it removed from the list so that it's no longer an option.

I've tried everything I can think of and also searched the manual and the forum but found no results. Thanks in advance.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
According to the manual it says to tap the DCN button to disconnect an external audio item.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I have the same issue, too many kids phones connected and the dealer auto stored. If I recall the DCN only disconnects the active connected device, but does not remove the device from the saved list.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe it needs to be done from the remote on the swim deck. Technically that is the head unit main screen.

JoeMitchem

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
According to the manual it says to tap the DCN button to disconnect an external audio item.
Unfortunately all that this does is disconnect whatever device is currently connected but it still remains in memory.

I have the same issue, too many kids phones connected and the dealer auto stored. If I recall the DCN only disconnects the active connected device, but does not remove the device from the saved list.
See below @Rod5. This is the solution.

Maybe it needs to be done from the remote on the swim deck. Technically that is the head unit main screen.
This is it @subysti . Hold down the 'MENU' button on the swim deck display for 3 seconds and you'll enter the programming menu. From there you can delete Bluetooth entries and then that applies to the Connext screen as well and you will no longer see them. THANKS!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Slack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just found today that you can press and hold the button of the device on the connext screen for 10 seconds and it will unpair that device as well.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s awesome. And all those devices showing up drives me crazy also. :)

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
who comes up with the UI for this stuff? Just put a button the screen to remove the device...

Without this site I would still be wondering, I would probably have to ask the dealer or something....

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Geez I have worked many hours on this trying to figure the dang thing out. I've done it on accident before just by holding down the bottom for what's assigned but for some reason it just will not work any longer. It's kinda frustrating as I want to delete some old devices off that. One day I sat on the lake infront of the connext wanting to tear it apart because of this issue.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately all that this does is disconnect whatever device is currently connected but it still remains in memory.

See below @Rod5. This is the solution.

This is it @subysti . Hold down the 'MENU' button on the swim deck display for 3 seconds and you'll enter the programming menu. From there you can delete Bluetooth entries and then that applies to the Connext screen as well and you will no longer see them. THANKS!
Oh now you tell me when my remote in the back is disconnected. Surely that's not the only way to do this?