• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Touchscreen

Jharrisok

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just bought a 2017 242X and the touch screen on the connext system doesn’t seem to be working. Is there a way to turn the touchscreen on and off or do I have other issues?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It should power up when the key is on there is no on off switch

Chaunceybland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My Connext screen starts when I turn on the house battery, no key needed.

Jharrisok

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It powers on and everything works except the touchscreen feature. You can only use the knob To get through the settings.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hold the system button for a bit to enter the diagnostic mode. There is s screen reset option i believe

Jharrisok

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the advice! I was able to rest it and get it working but the accuracy on the touch screen is way off. I tried calibrating it but still not good. I’m getting pretty proficient with the knob. 🤷🏼‍♂️

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i have the same issue with touch screen calibration. honestly, and i'll qualify this by saying i'm still a new owner, but on balance i think the Connext system/screen is pretty bad. it's not very intuitive, the calibration is all over the place and there are too many screens, selections, buttons and redundancies.

Serg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Having also same problems with my 2016 Yamaha 242 Limited S E. I have already tried turning the batteries on and off but still no good news. I unplug the screen from inside the boat still NO. System RESET and calibrate..... but it still irresponsive. Is there a computer that could hard reset and reboot the screen so that it can restart the monitor? So that touch screen will be responsive? ( only menu or upper part is responsive but the mid and lower part of the screen does not respond ) Thank You

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was having that problem and had to replace the whole unit.

Serg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ouch, around how much that its costs? Did you try also disconnecting battery first the connect again? Then when you replaced then touch screen, did the hour engine reading goes back to 0 hours?

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ouch, around how much that its costs? Did you try also disconnecting battery first the connect again? Then when you replaced then touch screen, did the hour engine reading goes back to 0 hours?
I got it covered just before my yes warranty expired. I think I looked it up and it was around $2500. It was on back order and took about 4 months to get. My hour meter remained correct.

Serg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks much, with that expensive unit. I just use the joystick

cjordan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2018 AR240 and my touchscreen sensitivity is not working. Earlier in this thread I see reference to a "system button" to enter diagnostic mode. I don't have a system button on my unit. Is there some other way to get to diagnostic mode?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2018 AR240 and my touchscreen sensitivity is not working. Earlier in this thread I see reference to a "system button" to enter diagnostic mode. I don't have a system button on my unit. Is there some other way to get to diagnostic mode?
What buttons do you have? I thought there was a SYS button on them all....(but never studied that closely)

cjordan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I figured it out. It's the SyS Ctrl button. Thanks