• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Weather Alerts?

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone know if the Connext will do a visible or audible weather alert via the weather band? My cheapo VHF handheld does it and I was hoping the Connext would as well. I am heading out to Long Island Sound this coming week and the weather can turn things messy, quick.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm not aware of any weather alert or weather radio capability in the Connext system.
I know it has a weather band (at least I am pretty sure I have tried it) I was just hoping that it would have an alert system that you could turn on to alert you even if you weren't listening to the weather band. I believe the weather bands broadcast this info but maybe its only on the VHF frequency and not FM. Either way, it would be a helpful feature to have.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Huh....never noticed a weather band....keep us posted on what you uncover. This is the first time this topic has come up.
I just checked the online version of the manual and it does confirm the weather band (at least I know I am not crazy) but doesn't say any anything about alerts - So I guess that settles it. I would be a nice feature to add as a flash update if the radios can in fact received the alerts, but I won't count on it.

Last edited: