• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Conservation: You've been warned!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So, last year, we were out and my brother in law got in a lot of trouble, ran from conservation, was drinking, had fireworks, etc. etc. not good. Well, last night we were cruising from the friends cottage at night from finishing up putting in the dock. It was about 8:30 and it was dark.
Halfway across the lake, lights! I stop everything and she pulls up alongside me. It's somewhat ironic because we were just telling the story of my brother in law and his whole fiasco. She asks me if I'm the owner, and I reply yes. Then she tells me my starboard light is out. Shoot, I knew it worked sometimes due to a bad connection, but of course it isn't working now. I have 9 people on the boat and 3 kids btw. Not exactly looking good for capacity... She asks for my license and registration, which I had together in my "glove box". And then she asks about lifejackets. Says everyone should hold one up. We start to dig around. These guys are asking me where they all are etc. I smiled at the question because I knew I had plenty! I keep 4 block type yellow ones under the corner, and we had been wakeboarding all day so we had a few of those along with my usual 4 adult ones I keep on board. So we passed everything very quickly! She asked us where we were going and where we were coming from, so I said from the cottage to the DQ (3/4 mile across lake?) and then back. Tradition ya know! She said, go for it, and she'll give me the warning on our way back. No problem!

So all i got was a written warning and was told to fix the light. She was very nice and polite, and I was polite back and it made a HUGE difference in the interaction. So much different than when my brother in law had his experience.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
Don't drink and drive, check your lights, have your jackets together, etc!

Good point. Two different reactions and two different outcomes.

AndI like your tradition. I need to find something too. They have fireworks here everything Thursday night here in the summer that we go too a few times. But I don't think that's a "tradition" thing for us. I love me some DQ though.

Dang DQ on the lake, that's awesome!!

Yeah dq and sandbar grill share a dock. The grill has a sandy area to eat with a corner set up for a band. Faces the water so you can sit on the water and watch/listen.
I lit some fireworks about 8 ish but the neighbors asked if I could stop because they had kids that just went to bed. As a parent myself I agreed immediately. Another good conversation with that guy that could have gone bad but keeping cool and being respectful makes everything fun!

Yeah dq and sandbar grill share a dock. The grill has a sandy area to eat with a corner set up for a band. Faces the water so you can sit on the water and watch/listen.
I lit some fireworks about 8 ish but the neighbors asked if I could stop because they had kids that just went to bed. As a parent myself I agreed immediately. Another good conversation with that guy that could have gone bad but keeping cool and being respectful makes everything fun!

Dang, sounds like your growing up! :) I'm 46 and still don't want to grow up, but I've learned getting upset with people just isn't worth it. A few minutes of arguing, possibly getting in a fight ruins the rest of the day and I'm usually in a bad mood for a few days after. Simply apologizing and walking away is so much better.

Saturday night my wife and I and 2 other couple met down at the subdivision pool at 8pm to setup and test the lights and sound system for our swim team home meets. Everything checked out fine (we added some lights and switched to a proper PA amp and speaker and were testing it out for volume--it was loud---and we talked about ways to make sure no one turned it up too loud!!)

I'm just breaking down the amp and in walks our subdivision <fill in the blank>. The first words out of his mouth are "Do I have to call the Sheriff?" My wife smiles and says, "nope, we are done", but there will be 3 meets here on X,Y and Z dates as we have every year....and time trials next Friday....sorry in advance for all the cars and noise, but the kids love it".....

He grumbles something and stomps off.....

Grumpy Old Men!

I can tell you from experience that people that treat me with courtesy are more likely to get a warning than those that want to be a dick! It's always better to be nice!

I can tell you from experience that people that treat me with courtesy are more likely to get a warning than those that want to be a dick! It's always better to be nice!

I can tell you from working security in bars that even smelling like alcohol you are already in the hole with most police officers too. If anything ever happens on the water you are much more likely to get your side of the story heard if you do not smell like alcohol at all. Like my signature says, drinking is for passengers.

I was boarded by the Coast Guard on Saturday evening on the Milwaukee River. It was a relaxed, pleasant experience and I actually picked up a few tips from them about boating on the river/ Lake Michigan area. I wasn't worried at all, since the boat is new and I made sure I had all necessary safety equipment before it ever hit water.

Went to put in at the lake Saturday and pulled down to the ramp. A jet ski and a guy with a centurion boat was there . I asked if he was putting in and he smarted off and said the jet ski was next , then him then I could go. Ok he was going the wrong way so I didn't know what he's doing. I tell him nice boat and was just finding out who's next. So he puts in and forgets the plug. They had to pull it back to the ramp. I wasn't about to ask him anything else. Just got the evil eye every time he went by our camper. It sat on the trailer all weekend. So be nice have good karma.

The truth shall set you free:angelic:.

Went to put in at the lake Saturday and pulled down to the ramp. A jet ski and a guy with a centurion boat was there . I asked if he was putting in and he smarted off and said the jet ski was next , then him then I could go. Ok he was going the wrong way so I didn't know what he's doing. I tell him nice boat and was just finding out who's next. So he puts in and forgets the plug. They had to pull it back to the ramp. I wasn't about to ask him anything else. Just got the evil eye every time he went by our camper. It sat on the trailer all weekend. So be nice have good karma.
I saw a great bumper sticker this weekend apparently from a dog lover that said "Wag More, Bark Less" I love it! Perfect example of this in the above post.

I've been pulled over 35ish times I have only received 1 ticket, that one time the officer pulled me and another person over at the same time, I think the other person pissed her off before she came back to me:-/
One of those times that I got pulled over I was doing a wheelie on my CBR in town, wasn't a long one, I just pulled it up and sat it back down as I left a gas station after talking to a friend of mine. I think being nice, not freaking out, and being a little older than he expected helped me in that situation, he told me that there are young guys that could see me doing it and think it's cool and kill themselves trying to do it...funny thing is I would normally not have done it in town but it was 1:30 in the morning, coming back from riding in KC all night, and there wasn't anyone else around...except for him:-)
@jdiaz78 I see you are in KC, I rode with the KCSportbike group a couple times, too crazy for me I stayed way way back from them.

I've been pulled over 35ish times I have only received 1 ticket, that one time the officer pulled me and another person over at the same time, I think the other person pissed her off before she came back to me:-/
One of those times that I got pulled over I was doing a wheelie on my CBR in town, wasn't a long one, I just pulled it up and sat it back down as I left a gas station after talking to a friend of mine. I think being nice, not freaking out, and being a little older than he expected helped me in that situation, he told me that there are young guys that could see me doing it and think it's cool and kill themselves trying to do it...funny thing is I would normally not have done it in town but it was 1:30 in the morning, coming back from riding in KC all night, and there wasn't anyone else around...except for him:)
@jdiaz78 I see you are in KC, I rode with the KCSportbike group a couple times, too crazy for me I stayed way way back from them.

35ish TIMES???!!! Holy cow, haha.

I see you are in KC said:
Those guys cause a lot of trouble, but I really don't even mess with them...I figure they'll wreck out and the problem will solve itself.

Yeah, it was in 2003-2004 when I used to ride up there, most of the guys back then were cool, but there was a fair share of idiots and I can only imagine it got worse. I personally know two guys that died while riding with that group.

I think if someone does things to be pulled over 35(ish) times then they may just deserve a few tickets lol

If I had gotten a couple tickets the first few times, I probably would have been more careful about speeding! It was never for stupid speeding though, 5-10 mph over on non-busy roads, mostly later at night. I was probably pulled over more to just see if I had been drinking than for speeding, a couple officers admitted to doing that.

Back