• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Consumer Wishlist - Manufacturers Take Note

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yeah, the sea ray full width lowering one would be on the wishlist. I’m sure it wouldn’t be cheap though.

I like what some of the inboard ski and wake boats have. And what the early AR210 had. A platform that is very low to the water. When someone sits or stands on it it’s below the water. Makes it easy to board in deep or shallow water... so easy my 6 year old can climb in the boat without putting down the ladder.

It’s also a favorite place for everyone to sit while at the beach.

37377A1C-DEDC-4683-ACBC-9CED92DE001B.jpeg

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How about engines/drives that can maintain a nice cruising speed at 3500 - 4000 rpm so owners don’t have to constantly explain why their boats sound like they do and can actually have a conversation while underway that doesn’t require shouting? Obviously this would require a totally different type of power plant, but behind threads about fins, threads about trying to quiet these boats have got to be most numerous on the forums.

Like the new Indmar 2.3 ford EcoBoost engine mated to a jet drive??
4F775448-AA2A-4EE8-BBC7-6CE3F2EE7211.png

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Like the new Indmar 2.3 ford EcoBoost engine mated to a jet drive??
View attachment 88335
I saw this. Imagine a twin engine setup! The pump they have to mate with it looks like its massive in diameter. I bet it moves some water...

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I saw this. Imagine a twin engine setup! The pump they have to mate with it looks like its massive in diameter. I bet it moves some water...
Yeah don’t know if it would even fit in 240 hull, but will be interested to see what they do with this engine in other brands.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is my list of things I'd like to see manufacturers deliver on:
  • Electronic throttles should trickle down to more models.
  • Continue to improve Fuel economy
  • Continue to improve Sound proofing
  • Make a trailerable 26-27' model (8'6 wide)
  • Offer Windlass as an option on the top end models
  • Make some Stock options for cabin enclosures (full rain windshield made of vinyl)
  • Use standard stereo connections/equipment whenever possible - RCA connections, pre amp outputs, no special wiring harnesses, make it easy for us to mod them.
  • More Ballast options
  • Offer a Larger fuel tank....60 gallon would be nice
  • All models should think about Cell phone use, placement, charging, storing, mounting. They are ubiquitous nowadays - assume every seat will have one (at least in the cabin).
  • Design the dashes to allow for easier add ons (like GPS/sounders, accessory power, phone holder, marine radio etc).
  • Build in a dedicated garbage can location-fit a standard can to it (so you can replace over time) - for example, in the 24' models have one that slides into brackets on the ceiling of the closet with a hole to the top of the dash. Simple and functional.
  • I like the in water seats....but the fold down one Sea Ray has is way nicer (bet they patented the crap out of that!) Fold down sides look amazing too!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Filler cushions for the rear u shaped seating.

Anyone done this on their own?

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I might try this. I'd make it so it pops into the table mount. Not sure if that's be enough support or not, but it's a good idea.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I might try this. I'd make it so it pops into the table mount. Not sure if that's be enough support or not, but it's a good idea.
I'm considering it also. My parents old Four Winns has removable support bars and a center leg for filet cushions. I was thinking something similar might work. I've also got a friend who does upholstery. I may try to coordinate something with him.

Someone with a 230 said theirs came with rear filler cushions. I'd be interested to know if that's true and how they are supported.

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My 2006 AR230 had rear filler cushions. Had 2 aluminum bars that ran from seat to seat. One at the back and one at the front. The cushion had a solid base like a thick starboard, and was hinged in the middle with a fabric. You would fold it open and it would sit down on those bars.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

@Sotally Tober had a rear/cockpit filler cushion custom made and it was badass....along with the stripper pole :D

image.jpeg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Level pathways and sufficiently wide walkways to allow those that have trouble walking to roll onto and into boats.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Level pathways and sufficiently wide walkways to allow those that have trouble walking to roll onto and into boats.
So you want a jet engine pontoon boat?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So you want a jet engine pontoon boat?
Hoping to avoid the pontoon part but on something like the 275 increasing the walkway width would have made it possible.

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A part of me wonders if the only reason the 275 is 9' wide was to move the engines further out to fit that walkway.

IMO, max 8'6" width is more important than fitting in a level walkway.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think a wheelchair friendly boat would be a very niche market.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Doesn’t necessarily need to be wheel chair specific but if they added some actual aft freeboard instead of the sloping design they could add port or starboard access doors. Similar to a dive door on a center console. Could even be something like the folding tailgate of the Scarab but make them on the side.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think a wheelchair friendly boat would be a very niche market.
My son used a wheelchair. Pontoon boats were great for him... wide flat deck and side door that makes boarding super easy. The bigger issue was most docks (and the paths too them) aren’t exactly ADA compliant ;)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My son used a wheelchair. Pontoon boats were great for him... wide flat deck and side door that makes boarding super easy. The bigger issue was most docks (and the paths too them) aren’t exactly ADA compliant ;)
Neither is getting in and out of the water but we make it happen for our kids.