• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cost to install SeaDek

dcshobby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I asked our dealer what they would charge to install our Cockpit/Swim Deck SeaDek kit we purchased.

They quoted $600 in labor to pull out the clips, fill with an epoxy, remove the swim deck mats, and then install all the new pieces.

I was hoping for closer to $400 but wondering what you find is fair? It seems most people said it takes about 4 hours to do everything so I could definitely do it myself with a little prep.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just install it yourself.

Why remove the stock Sea Dek swim deck?

Last edited:

Jakester1967

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Install yourself, it is not too hard but take your time on the prep.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Same. Not hard but it definitely takes some time...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Installed marine mat deck myself. Took almost exactly 4 hours for the full boat. Turned out great.
I like how that came out. All the lines match. Nice job!

Coffeecan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you can, do it yourself. It’s not hard easily done in a weekend, and adds a ton of value to the boat!

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

usnagrad1988

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agreed. I'm one of those people who use youtube videos for everything and it was easier than even the videos showed. I spend a little over an hour yesterday to install the stern of the boat and will know the rest out this weekend. I got out the drill, took out the snaps and filled with the marine epoxy last weekend, then this week I sprayed down area with windex w/ ammonia, then wiped down with acetone. The only thing I really got from one video to make it easier was to use the exacto knife down the middle of the pad and pull up and inch or so on each side before flipping it over to get into place. Then I taped down one side before beginning to pull up the other side and press the seadek down. Start with the small pieces to get the hang of it. Easy DIY. Now taking off the cushions to get reupholstered was a whole different issue. I'm 6-4" 215lbs and it was very challenging to get inside the side openings to get at the screws.... ha!

Attachments