• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Day trip from Topsail NC to Wilmington NC

Mike DD

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Mike DD We will have to keep an eye out for you up at Jordan. I'll be in the Black 210 pulling all my girls around in circles on the lake!!!
We will keep a lookout for you. A few months to go.

Mike DD

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Mike DD I rented that condo you are parked in front of this past summer. Love Southport!
That condo is in a great location. Spent time in the pub on the corner. Great view of the Cape Fear inlet.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Mike DD

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks like a great ramp....does it fill up fast on the weekends?
Julian, used it over the weekend until Labor Day and never saw it more than +- 75% full.

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Mike DD That looks like an awesome spot you have found. Would you mind sharing the condo info?

Mike DD

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Mike DD That looks like an awesome spot you have found. Would you mind sharing the condo info?
Paulie, that was cozilla that stayed at the condo. My boat happened to be parked in from of it. You'll have to get the details from him.

Mike DD

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
OK....so we HOPE to be coming down for the Labor Day weekend...but Scotts Hill (where we normally put in) no longer is public. The ramp by the Wrightville bridge has a TINY parking lot.....so what is the next best place to launch? We'll be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfair....so a ramp to the East would be ideal. We have launched at Carolina Beach State Park...but that means heading down through traffic to get there (not out of the question...and I may call them to see if they have any slips to rent....)

@redthumper9 you going to be out there at all?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use Sloop Point, which is a bit of a hike from Mayfaire, but has plenty of parking and is a great place to put in for close access by water to Lee-Hutaff and Topsail.

I have heard that Trails End is a somewhat lesser known spot that has about 30 parking spots. But have never put-in there.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We hope to be out somewhere this weekend.....most likely Sunday. If so, it will probably be somewhere between Sneads Ferry and Lea Island. The last two weekends, we have launched in downtown J-ville and drove the boat all the way to South Topsail (about an hour and ten minutes depending on boat traffic). When it gets closer, I'll let you know if we are going to be anywhere near you.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just talking to the wife about heading to Topsail next season. My buddy has a condo down there. . . . . . anyone have a good Marina where I can store/launch the boat for a week or so?

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@0627Devildog .......Topsail Island Marina is just over the swing bridge at surf city and Swan Point marina is pretty much where the New River meets the ICW in Sneads Ferry. I'm not sure what they offer (if anything) on a weekly basis, but that's where I'd start.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@0627Devildog .......Topsail Island Marina is just over the swing bridge at surf city and Swan Point marina is pretty much where the New River meets the ICW in Sneads Ferry. I'm not sure what they offer (if anything) on a weekly basis, but that's where I'd start.
Much obliged. . . . I gotta get the exact address of the Condo. Unfortunately, there is no parking there for a boat otherwise I would just trailer and use a ramp.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Eric Ballard ....from topsail to Wrightsville Beach there is none. Most of the area around Wrightsville is no wake.

Fourjets

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Sloop point is a great ramp. Rarely busy. In hampstead area. Easy run south to Wrightsville beach or short run to south topsail inlet.

btbowden

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Is the sloop point ramp private or state owned? I can't find it on the wildlife site. If it is private how much is it and what is the address to the ramp?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is the sloop point ramp private or state owned? I can't find it on the wildlife site. If it is private how much is it and what is the address to the ramp?
Took me a while to find it too....had to look at the map and find the road name...

Its technically called Hampstead,Intracoastal Waterway in the following Wildlife pdf:

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/Boating/documents/boating_access_area_guide.pdf

PENDER COUNTY N 34° 24’23” W 77° 36’21” Address: 613 Lewis Rd.,Hampstead,NC 62 parking spaces From the intersection of NC 903 and NC 125 in Hamilton,travel on Front St.south 1 block. Turn left on Main St., beside the Hamilton Municipal building,and travel 0.3 miles.Turn left on the access road to the area.

btbowden

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Thanks Julian, I actually used this one twice this summer. When I saw sloop point I thought someone had discovered another one :). It is a good ramp, with some good places to take the boat, both in the Surf City and South end of Topsail. I love going down there. Only downside is the extra cleanup due to the salt, but it is worth it from time to time.
13895367_10206775920423911_8103504288750912296_n.jpg