• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Differences between the Newer 4 Cycle Yamaha Jet Boats

topgun7214

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can someone answer a question? I'm looking at a 2015 AR240. It has the same tower as a 14. Also the passenger side front seat is like a 2014 also no 7"connex. Am I actually looking at a 2014?? I am so confused an the net is making it more confusing. Thanks in advance

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can someone answer a question? I'm looking at a 2015 AR240. It has the same tower as a 14. Also the passenger side front seat is like a 2014 also no 7"connex. Am I actually looking at a 2014?? I am so confused an the net is making it more confusing. Thanks in advance
Yep. ‘15 s have new style tower. Also has the articulating keel (rudder), and the seat backs on the swim deck open up for storage. Previous years don’t have those things.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The last 2 digits of the hull ID number is the YEAR

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Like Jeff said, the last 2 digits are the model year, the next 2 digits to the left is letter and number conforming to date of manufacture where the letter corresponds to a month A=Jan B= Feb, etc. and the number is the year 4 for 2014 5 for 2015 so you know down to which month the boat was built.

topgun7214

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys. I have not seen the boat in person only pictures and talking to owner on the phone only. I honestly believe the guy has a 2014 and he purchased it in 2015. Nothing in the pictures makes a bit of sense as being a 2015, tower, connex, seats. I just thought maybe for some reason there could have been a mid year model change or something that I did not know about. The boat appears to be in mint condition. I talking to guy he said he has never winterized the boat because he stores it inside heated storage and the dealer told him there was no need to do it as long as all the water was drained out. I am curious though and just may go take a look see.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ask for the last digits of the hull number tell him you are checking on the possibility of buying an extended warranty in your decision making process and you need the last 4 digits.

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If anybody can post any overhead of the 2016
19 foot models I would appreciate that.
I love to see progression in design

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It might be good to add a brief summary of style & package designations? I'm often asked things such as, what's the difference between AR and SX, which is mostly the tower however I have no clue what the glaring differences between E, X, LTD, S etc...

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
From 2013 to 2014 212SS..........other than the color, they changed the grip handles in the cabin (no longer all chrome) and added the speakers on the swim step.
I see you got the Limited SE!! Congrats!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Lee Wilke

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hello all,

New to the boating world and definitely the jet world.

I'm not sure were to post this at as I have been searching the forums up and down and have learned ALOT on this site, just not sure were to post this at so....THANK YOU ALL for the info.

I am looking at buying a boat this Fall/Winter and am perplexed as to which way to go.

I am looking at the 23/24ft range of boat. I like the SX230/240 and the AR230/240.

Here is my issue. I'm not sure to go new or used.

I am basing this on cost of operations per month. I believe the payment would be roughly the same per month as I would finance either boat.

Any help or suggestions on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hello all,

New to the boating world and definitely the jet world.

I'm not sure were to post this at as I have been searching the forums up and down and have learned ALOT on this site, just not sure were to post this at so....THANK YOU ALL for the info.

I am looking at buying a boat this Fall/Winter and am perplexed as to which way to go.

I am looking at the 23/24ft range of boat. I like the SX230/240 and the AR230/240.

Here is my issue. I'm not sure to go new or used.

I am basing this on cost of operations per month. I believe the payment would be roughly the same per month as I would finance either boat.

Any help or suggestions on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
2009 was the last year of the 230 series, so your payment on a 2009 AR230 should be substantially less than on a new AR 240. Unless your credit is horrible...then I'm not sure id be buying on credit at all.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Shaddow350

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The Muther Tucker is probably the oldest I've seen on this forum, but may be one of the loudest! See the boat in the distance? Have a listen.....
:winkingthumbsup"
What song is that? I want to add that to my playlist..

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
What song is that? I want to add that to my playlist..
I can give you some much better dubstep than that. If youre interested in GOOD sorry GREAT dubstep let me know. The song is Animals by Martin Garrix.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You mean someone is tampering with info that is posted on this web site ???