• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Do I need Connext on to leave OEM bilge pump on auto?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is late and I am tired. I tried (unsuccessfully) searching here for my answer, read and reread the manual, I still don't know.

I had to leave my new baby in a wet slip tonight (long story short), could not figure out how to leave the freaking bilge pump on (auto) without leaving the whole system on. o_Oo_Oo_O

My 2012 190 bilge pump system was crazy enough. This one is just beyond...

I'm going to install a "normal" bilge pump system (wired completely outside of the Connext), good-old direct-to-battery with a fuse and a float switch. In the meantime - is there a trick to leave the pump live without leaving a blazing Connext screen on?

--

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Keys out and batteries on will make sure the stock one runs. I did the same as you are thinking and added a second one with its ow through hull directly fuse connected to the house battery.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keys out and batteries on will make sure the stock one runs. I did the same as you are thinking and added a second one with its ow through hull directly fuse connected to the house battery.
Thank you. I guess I'll have to trust it, not sure how to test it. Short of pouring water in... Or sitting there with my ear to the floor, waiting if it activates periodically?

With the keys off and the house battery on, I can activate the screen with the blower switch. I can then turn the system off by turning the blower switch off. But -- if I turn the system on by pressing one of the buttons under the screen (again w/house battery on, keys off, and blower off), how do I turn the system OFF then?

I am sure I'm identifying myself as an idiot here, but I don't care. Connext 1, Swatski 0.

--

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As Mianah said, keys out connext off but battery switch on. Have you not notice your pump cycling every few minutes while at anchor? Unless your pumping the tunes, you wouldn't……………..:D.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As Mianah said, keys out connext off but battery switch on. Have you not notice your pump cycling every few minutes while at anchor? Unless your pumping the tunes, you wouldn't……………..:D.
Thank you. I think I'm overthinking this...

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats understandable, I only realised it was cycling after I was washing down and the pump emptied itself onto me, then discovered the lack of sealant around the clean out panel that was letting the water into the bilge :mad:.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I really dislike the stock bilge setup. That said the stock setup with a hardwired float switch backup is great. My push button start mod keeps the electronics from shutting off when you shut down the engines. That plus single action to stop both engines are what I like best about that.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, when the system is on (house battery switch on) and the keys and blower are off, is there a way to turn the screen/system off * ?

Turning the blower on and off seems to do that. Or -- turning the house battery off and back on. But it just seems... doltish, kind of.

*Note to self: Start looking into installing @Mainah push button system.

My push button start mod keeps the electronics from shutting off when you shut down the engines.
How do you turn it off then? Other than turning the battery off. I should read your "push button" write up again, LOL.
--

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@swatski - are you saying that when you turn the keys off your screen stays on? Certainly not how mine works. With the mod I did turning off the keys still turns off the screen as mine did stock. The key or not key in this instance is that pressing the stop button on my mod kills the engines but the keys are still on.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski - are you saying that when you turn the keys off your screen stays on? Certainly not how mine works. With the mod I did turning off the keys still turns off the screen as mine did stock. The key or not key in this instance is that pressing the stop button on my mod kills the engines but the keys are still on.
That is correct, keys off - screen goes off. But --- when I turn the system on w/keys off (pushing a under the screen button) --- I don't know how to turn it back off...
(other than turning the house bat off)

Bones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rock the blower switch on then off. While the keys r off.
I was having a issue, as I'm sure many of you are with keeping the radio on while picking up a downed skier or tuber. Seems like every time I turned the engine off. I would have to find the playlist, press play and get the tuber back on the tube.... and repeat. I hated it.
Last weekend however, I figured out that if you leave the blower running while tubing the connext system / tunes stays on. I felt like a rocket scientist!!! Yamaha really needs to add a power toggle switch for the connext.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Press and hold the same button under the screen and it will turn off.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I know where your going astray @swatski , when you shut down and turn your keys off and your connext go's off, you don't need to turn the connext back on to automate the bilge, it automatically starts to cycle.
Hope that helps.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I know where your going astray @swatski , when you shut down and turn your keys off and your connext go's off, you don't need to turn the connext back on to automate the bilge, it automatically starts to cycle.
Hope that helps.
Yes sir, it does help, and I think I actually have it somewhat figured out! I know I'm slow, LOL.

In the words of my dear friend @Majorsmackdown: "these boats have the strangest bilges I've ever seen or imagined".

Thank you all!

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was wondering about the bilge set up too, but it is actually pretty basic....if the battery switch is on....the bilge is on - couldn't be simpler than that. Then if you have the boat running you can mess with the pump via connext, but don't have to if you don't want to.....

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Exactly. Have the correct batt switches on to keep the auto-bilge operational. That is in the manual. I had to hunt that down as the dealer gave me bogus info about where to put the batt switches. and I suspected they were full of it. There is batt combiner or separator in the factory setup. Helps keep both batts charged or helps keep both from draining. Or maybe both. Haha. I don't remember exactly. Just don't leave the parallel switch engaged. Thats for emergency power to start engines.

For the sterei and to avoid the loud assed beep from the dash - I turn off one engine at a time and after shutting off the first engine i turn the key back on to keep the stereo running. I'm sure there is a better way but I don't like reading manuals.

Derek Fosbury

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
the other way to tell for sure the auto bilge is on while the boat is off is wait for 6 minutes, and you will see your lights flash. Not sure why this happens, but it does!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the sterei and to avoid the loud assed beep from the dash - I turn off one engine at a time and after shutting off the first engine i turn the key back on to keep the stereo running. I'm sure there is a better way but I don't like reading manuals.
the other way to tell for sure the auto bilge is on while the boat is off is wait for 6 minutes, and you will see your lights flash. Not sure why this happens, but it does!
I'm so going to check this out, lol.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Press and hold the same button under the screen and it will turn off.
I tried that and it worked! But only using one of the buttons, the "light bulb" button. Thank you.