• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Do Yamaha dealers do dealer trades?

Charles

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Supposed to get a 2015 242 LS this week, but both dealers close to me only have Black. Wife will let me get Suede Grey, as long as we don't have to wait a few weeks. A dealer about 85 miles away appears to have Grey.

I like my local dealer, they have spent some time with me....what are the chances of a dealer trade for the Grey?

Dealer trade is what got me my blue one. They kept the same price + cost of shipping. I was about 500 miles... But guessing most won't to move their new inventory much, can't hurt to ask

It all depends on whether the dealer that has it in stock is willing to give it up. I would be surprised if they gave it up with the demand on then right now.

Last edited:
It would be a 2015 242 LS Black for a 2015 242 LS Grey trade... nobody really loosing out. Good to know it's actually done though.

I thought you wanted a black? What happened?

I thought you wanted a black? What happened?

No, the wife wanted black, I wanted grey. come to find out, she is 50/50, and doesn't care which one...but since they had black at the dealership...

Oh, I see. I was one the fence between the two colors, but ended going with the suede grey since my last was all blacked out. Both colors are such beautiful classic colors you can't go wrong either way. I wish the suede grey had a black windshield frame! I love back frames all tinted up!

Good luck, hope you get what you want. Either way though the Blyth beautiful boats.

Wife is 50/50, I am 51(grey)/49(black). I have polled a bunch of friends and co-workers, and the overwhelming majority like black. They say the Grey looks cool, but the black looks downright elegant and badass. Black is in stock...Grey will take 30 days. Guess Black it is!

Wife is 50/50, I am 51(grey)/49(black). I have polled a bunch of friends and co-workers, and the overwhelming majority like black. They say the Grey looks cool, but the black looks downright elegant and badass. Black is in stock...Grey will take 30 days. Guess Black it is!

While I generally agree about the cool factor of the black color, as a practical matter you should also consider finish maintenance. With black gelcoat over a white substrate, any scratches will be highly visible. In contrast, the light grey gelcoat over white will help to camouflage any minor scratches. Food for thought, anyway.

As was stated above, both color combos are very sharp!

While I generally agree about the cool factor of the black color, as a practical matter you should also consider finish maintenance. With black gelcoat over a white substrate, any scratches will be highly visible. In contrast, the light grey gelcoat over white will help to camouflage any minor scratches. Food for thought, anyway.

As was stated above, both color combos are very sharp!

I agree...which is why I am very happy my black boat at least has a white lower hull- and is likely why so many major manufacturers make white hulls....

Yes they will trade. I found my boat in SC and the dealer didnt want to move on price and it was the closest one like it to me. I called another dealer in NC and they sold the exact boat to me at 2013 prices and had to go get it from the first dealer.

Back