• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Don't forget to clean your bilge pump yearly at least!

slickstick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
This thread really needs re-written for dummies like me who are brand new to boats...

Where is the bilge pump? Pictures of what it looks like?
Where exactly can I look down into the bilge to see how much water is in there, is this possible to visually inspect while on the water?
Sounds like you can disconnect the pump to check the screen and it's just held on by clips? Can you do this while on the water or does this allow water to start flooding in?

I noticed on my first run the bilge light was on for a long time. At first I was worried there was a lot of water for some reason, but a lot didn't drain out. Now I am worried it was clogged and may have burnt itself out trying to run after reading more about this.

slickstick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Well I found the bilge pump, pressed the button and she seems to work. It just sucks up water when it overflows up into the bottom of the engine bay? I guess you could see it coming up the bottom of the engine, can you also pull the access cover between the cleanout ports and watch it fill up before it reaches that point? Is that where you would drop a hose to fill it up to test the pump that way?

markallan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I never thought of doing that

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well I found the bilge pump, pressed the button and she seems to work. It just sucks up water when it overflows up into the bottom of the engine bay? I guess you could see it coming up the bottom of the engine, can you also pull the access cover between the cleanout ports and watch it fill up before it reaches that point? Is that where you would drop a hose to fill it up to test the pump that way?
You can take a small container put it in the bilge, fill it with water, unclip the pump and put it in the container...... or just fill the bilge with water (I do the latter as it also helps flush any debris out of the bilge).