• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dual Battery + DVSR + Dual Bank Charger

tracerrx

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I know there are a lot of threads regarding this, but after reviewing them I am still a little confused. My Equipment:
  • ProMariner ProSport Dual Bank Charger
  • BEP 714 DVSR Switch
  • 2013 Yamaha 210SS
Can someone provide a simple wiring diagram? My boat is kept on a lift, so no need to run bilge etc when charging. I understand that both of my engines will goto the single stud on the DVSR, and the other stud will run the House, but there is a lot of talk about how to "Bypass" the DVSR when the boat is out of the water and hooked up to shore power (and what position the switch on the 714 should be in).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hooked my dual charger directly to the battery studs / positive to positive and negative to negative
Then I disconnected the black wire going to the DVSR to the battery and put an alligator clip on it.
When in storage I leave disconnected when the boat is on the water I reconnect

Bubbjr7

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
To the negative terminal on your battery post. I wired my DVSR to a toggle switch mounted on a board with my charger then from the toggle switch to the negative battery terminal. Switch it of when charging, switch it off when not.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
There is also the “sensing loop”, a red wire on the back of the DVSR that you would cut and connect to a switched 12v source. This disables the DVSR when the engine/switch is off, and allows the dual bank charger to operate as intended. I just installed one of these today, works great. Just find a 12v source that is only hot when the key or engine is on.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just picked up new boat yesterday. Had dealer install dual charger for me. He didn’t say anything about doing anything special regarding dvsr. All he said to do is turn off the 2 battery switches, and plug in charger. Am I missing a step?

tracerrx

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
There is also the “sensing loop”, a red wire on the back of the DVSR that you would cut and connect to a switched 12v source. This disables the DVSR when the engine/switch is off, and allows the dual bank charger to operate as intended. I just installed one of these today, works great. Just find a 12v source that is only hot when the key or engine is on.
While that definitely sounds like a better solution, I'm a little timid to cut into any of the engine wiring harness. Will take a look and see if there is anything easily accessible.

tracerrx

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
To the negative terminal on your battery post. I wired my DVSR to a toggle switch mounted on a board with my charger then from the toggle switch to the negative battery terminal. Switch it of when charging, switch it off when not.
Thanks! Think I will install a switch that lights up when its in DVSR mode, off when in charging mode.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Switch sounds like the way to go

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think it will technically work that way, my understanding of what happens is as the charge on one battery increases over 13.5 (?) or so volts, the DVSR will parallel the batteries allowing the other to charge. Once the voltage dips under 12.7 volts it will disconnect them again. This kind of negates the “smart charging” of the batteries individually, as while it charges it will almost always parallel the batteries.