• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

E-Series Shift Controls Reversed

Mike Serra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So we had our second trip today on our new 242 LS E-Series and had an interesting experience. I put the port engine in reverse. Verified on the Port engine gauge and gave it some power. The boat moved forward. Put port engine in neutral and tried starboard in reverse and the boat still moved forward.

After getting it back to he house, I had my wife watch the buckets while I was flushing the motors. Put the port engine in reverse and the starboard bucket moved to the reverse position. The starboard controls moved the port bucket.

Called the dealer and they said all techs are out for the weekend and would get back to me in Monday. I am hoping this is something I can correct without returning to the dealer as they are 250 miles from the house.

Has anyone seen this before?

Wow. That's the first time I've heard that one. Come to think of it, after ten years of ownership, I don't think I've ever looked at mine. Somebody missed that one at the factory.

Personally I haven't replaced my cables. So I don't have the specifics on how to disconnect the cable at the throttle/control end. But your solution should be to simply swap the cables at the throttle/directional controls. It should be pretty simple. there is a chance that after swapping that you might get some shaking in the throttle controls when on the water. This would be caused by a reverse bucket hanging down slightly in the flow of water out of that jet. It is a simple adjustment to simply raise the reverse bucket slightly. Good luck, hope that makes sense.

Dumb question...sorry....but you didn't have the "single Lever" button pressed did you?

Fixed it. Swapped the throttle cables in the motorized shift box under the helm.

I feel that this should have never left the factory like this. I think someone from the QC department called out the day my boat rolled through.

This is why I don't believe that every boat is water tested at the factory like some believe. There is no way a tech would sign off on this boat driving like that. IF they do water test each boat, what does that tell you about their QC department :rolleyes::asshat:?

Glad you got it fixed.

Last edited:
Back