• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

East coast - how much does it cost to dock for season?

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am wondering what everyone is paying (or what do you consider a reasonable deal), especially in the New York / New Jersey / Connecticut / Long Island area, for wet docking at a marina?

Does that include any marina services, like pulling out the boat every week?

What about docking on a lift? I imagine it's better but I have no idea how much it would cost.

I've been trailering but sometimes I wish I could just jump in and go.

Wet slips for jet boats are never a good idea. They don't handle the salt as good as regular boats with fouling paint and an array of zinc anodes.
In any case, marinas charge by the foot and the lower end starts at 100/ft for the season. (May 1st -Nov 1st). Then there are winter storage fees if you keep it there. I am not sure at docking on a lift since I never needed one.
One of the reasons I downsized to a 19ft was to get away from all that since I can keep the boat next to my house and easily trailer it whenever I decide to go out. Since what I am paying in financing per year is lower than what I was paying in Marina fees, I am still making money out of the deal. Not everyone has the space, but personally I would find a Marina where they would let you keep the boat on a trailer and launch it only when you needed. Some might have a lower fee for this since you are not taking up an actual slip.
Call around...

You dont want to leave a jet boat in salt water for extended periods, like sitting in a slip. So your alternative is to put it on a lift.

It really depends on "where" on the east coast you're talking.
On our lake (CT's largest) it could be anywhere from $3500 to $5500 depending on which marina. $3500 gets you a slip - that's it. The $5500 price gets you a boat club with all kinds of amenities such as resteraunt, bar, grills, playground and private beach.
The coast is considerably cheaper cause there's so many to choose from. There's marinas big & small scattered up and down the coast. You can shop around. . Inland lakes in CT - not so much - they got you by the balls.

On the upper chesapeake bay, high and dry/boatel runs about $100~$120 a foot for the year.

We keep our 20ft boat at a dry stack marina. I call 30 min in advance and they drop it in the water. I pay $240 per month and put it in durring may and usually pull out it I. September sometime. This is in SC though I'm sure it's more in New York. My Marina only has a three month minimum.

A local marina here in SoMD wanted 3200 a year for a lift at his marina

I guess it all boils down to your personal needs. Do plan on using your boat just about everyday during the summer or mostly on the weekends. If you want to use everyday, I guess it only makes sense to fork over the money for a slip, but if your like me and only get out at least one day on the weekend, then trailering might be the better option and comes out much cheaper. Local marina near me was about $3200 for the season. Personally, if I were to dock my boat, I would make sure it was on a lift. These boats don't do,well sitting in salt water for extended periods without cleaning and preventative maintenance done on moving parts. Good luck.

I guess it all boils down to your personal needs. Do plan on using your boat just about everyday during the summer or mostly on the weekends. If you want to use everyday, I guess it only makes sense to fork over the money for a slip, but if your like me and only get out at least one day on the weekend, then trailering might be the better option and comes out much cheaper. Local marina near me was about $3200 for the season. Personally, if I were to dock my boat, I would make sure it was on a lift. These boats don't do,well sitting in salt water for extended periods without cleaning and preventative maintenance done on moving parts. Good luck.

spot on there @pagekl !!!

Back