• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy Family Jet Boat

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Jmajka see this attachments or Google Sheet in this thread for some more info. https://jetboaters.net/threads/differences-between-the-newer-4-cycle-yamaha-jet-boats.29/#post-87

My biggest reasons for preferring the 2015+ is the hinged seats, the addition of the keeled hull for straight line tracking and improved ability to cut through waves (from what I've read), and the speakers on the rear deck. Otherwise, I'd be looking at the '14 242 LTD S. As it is, I'm like you... waffling between the AR 240 and 242 LTD S. The AR is starting to look more attractive to me, as speakers can be added later on the rear deck for less than the difference in cost. Or, I really like the look of @Drift Away 's tower speakers mounted on the deck instead of the tower.

Jmajka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me from looks if this 2015 242 is an e series? Also should I stay away from an e series with all the electronics. Do they have issues? I met someone selling one at a pretty good price. IMG_0391.JPGIMG_0390.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me from looks if this 2015 242 is an e series? Also should I stay away from an e series with all the electronics. Do they have issues? I met someone selling one at a pretty good price. View attachment 62912View attachment 62913
The e series has that huge top with the solar panels soooo that is not a pic of a e series

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

tomeygun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have seen a 2017 242 limited S for just below 57k. I looked at the 212 limited S and they are 53k. Trying to find the differences with the AR240s and a side by side comparison. From everything I read you want the 2015 and up...not totally sure why I know they did some insulating to the engine area. 26 footer would be awesome but I don't want to spend 57k on a 24 footer. Can't imagine what the 26 would cost! Seems like my price range puts me in the 2012-2014 area for the 242s limited S. Have to try to find a side by side comparison for the AR240s. I know it doesn't have rear speakers on the swim platform and probably no radio controls either. Will have to dig more
Theres a nice 2011 AR240 here is St Louis MO if you go that way. $5k stereo already in it.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2012, but if were you I would consider maybe waiting 1 extra year to get the never design.
You can add the speakers and an control on the back. My boat has 8 speaker + sub + Fusion head unit and I think everything was less than 3k ( need to look at receipts to be precise) .

Jmajka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, got it. Thanks for the assistance. Will look at the 240 if i cam find thw thread. Just wanted the additinal feature of the 2015 and newer...pocket book says take a 2006...lol

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jmajka im in the San Antonio area as well, if you need anything just let me know. I have an '09 AR230 so it's older than what you are looking at but you are more than welcome to check it out if you want.

Jmajka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wayloncle I might take you up on that if you will be around this weekend. Not sure which way to go. I am in La Vernia so you aren't far away by Texas standards anyway.