• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

farewell forum friends...

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
i put the boat up for sale last week and sold it today. bitter sweet. i learned a lot from everyone (thank you so much), found something i am really good at (fiberglass), and hope i helped a few along my way.

the boat was a fixer-upper. one side of the coin, i enjoyed the satisfaction of making it better. the other side, it was very stressful, as i spent way too much of my life (and money, of course) doing just that and even more time researching how. i was looking forward to the 2017 season: installed newer Cobra fins, added Perfect Pass, upgraded to a Blue Sea dual circuit system (the best mod i ever did), and even bought a new wakeboard i never got to try out. always wanted to make that Bimini trip at some point for the life experience ...might be the biggest regret.

but i'm looking forward to enjoying some old hobbies again.
take care everyone!

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Best of luck on the new(old) hobbies and if you ever have the itch to come back we will be here.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
i put the boat up for sale last week and sold it today. bitter sweet. i learned a lot from everyone (thank you so much), found something i am really good at (fiberglass), and hope i helped a few along my way.

the boat was a fixer-upper. one side of the coin, i enjoyed the satisfaction of making it better. the other side, it was very stressful, as i spent way too much of my life (and money, of course) doing just that and even more time researching how. i was looking forward to the 2017 season: installed newer Cobra fins, added Perfect Pass, upgraded to a Blue Sea dual circuit system (the best mod i ever did), and even bought a new wakeboard i never got to try out. always wanted to make that Bimini trip at some point for the life experience ...might be the biggest regret.

but i'm looking forward to enjoying some old hobbies again.
take care everyone!
I hope you stay a member and maybe hit us upwith some pictures of your new adventures and hobbies!
May the wind fill your sails to the end of your days!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@CrankyGypsy Bummer, I just used your method of changing my oil yesterday, listed in the FAQ section, the detail you put into that thread was great, helped a lot. Have fun with your new direction, if you do, it will not feel like work.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But now you will never know how much you saved by fixing your floor yourself...My boat is at the glass shop right now having that repaired - don't have any idea what the price is going to be!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What @Speedling said....no need to be a stranger.... @txav8r has been boatless for a year or more!

What is the new hobby?

Are you afraid if you don't get the heck out of here we'll have you buying another boat before you know it???? :winkingthumbsup":cigar::muted:

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sad to see anyone get out of boating.
I couldn't see my life without a boat or motorcycle.
Good luck with your new adventure

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, you know what they say about the two best days in a boat owner's life...maybe there's a little upside? Anyway, don't quite the forum, lots of newbies need educating! :)

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Holy crap. @CrankyGypsy seriously!!!!????
I hope you will stick around!

I still want to frame the picture with your black Wrangler used as an impeller vice - legendary.

One day maybe you will autograph it for me.

--

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@CrankyGypsy, no need to leave. We even have a boatless admin!

Best of luck with your other hobbies.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Despite the stress and money gobbled up by your "fixer-upper", you have helped others tremendously by sharing the trials, tribulations and toils with your AR230. I have personally benefited from your help and have been able to conquer seemingly scary issues with confidence and ease (and maybe still a tiny bit of stress). Thanks @CrankyGypsy! Just stay committed to fun. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Motorcycle = enjoyed 2 at a time.
Price about a little...

Boat = enjoyed with you, you're partner + 8-10 friends.
Price is priceless.

Saying that, all our priorities change. Good luck....

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome to the club @CrankyGypsy ! Boatless isn't a bad moniker, and doesn't mean you won't carry your skill and desires forward, we know you will. Just keep us on your browser and say hello at least from time to time. Trust me, going away cold turkey is not good for you! And to be clear for me, I am still a boater, even if I no longer have a boat in the barn! You too I suspect! So don't cut the rope! And good luck with the future hobbies and interests!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sorry to hear this, you've posted some great info that we all have benefitted from, I hope you'll continue to check in to share you new adventures with us,

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
thanks you guys! yeah, I'm sure I'll find myself occasionally sneaking a peak back over here.

I'm looking forward to having the time to ride mountain bikes as much as I used to. might pick up a cheap sportbike (then invest the remainder) - doing dumb shit on those is where I'm happiest (unfortunately). and the Rubicon hasn't been altered in a few years ...I think she's due.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Always sad to see somebody leave. ...but best of luck, and you never know. ..you just might be back

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You, sir, will be missed. Always good input.

Don't be a stranger @CrankyGypsy . You are always welcome here.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@CrankyGypsy is this some kind of late April fools day joke? Man, make sure to check your in box because you have some of the best "how to" posts on this site and there will be a ton of guys in the future with questions. Thanks for all your contributions here along the way. Best of luck to you in the future.

Georg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I enjoyed chatting with you @CrankyGypsy . We will leave the porch light on to welcome you back whenever you want to visit.