• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Fender Locks, Fender Mounts, Fender Hangers

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Try these, there Fender Tender II and you can get them almost anywhere for about $10 for 2. I hang one of the top of the side window just above the throttles (or similar location on port side) and one and the grab rail by the rear bimini top post.

00393_01.jpg

00393_02.jpg

I actually hang my fenders from the bimini. I also have some adjustable rope straps that are awesome. I have no idea where to get them today. I just looked online to find them and couldn't. I found them at a trade show. They work great for fenders. They allow to easily and precisely adjust the length of rope for each fender.

@GTBRMC Another way to hang fenders is to use 1/8" cord so that you can hang fenders and still use the same cleat to tie up your dock lines.

I use kwik locs, you can get from overtons or other marine stores. But I hang from the aft end of the bow grab rail, the middle cleat, and the aft cockpit grab rail.
kwik adjust fender lok 2.jpg
kwik adjust fender lok 2.jpg fender placement.jpg

I have found hanging a fender from the middle cleat positions it typically to low for either mouring to a dock or rafting up with other boats. Also, if the cleat is pulled out it could damage the boat next to you when rafting.

@txav8r I used them and will never use them again. Was tied up with another member in a cove and a strong wave came in, plastic buckle broke, losing the fender and both boats got scratched up from railing bolts. I would not recommend to anyone. Hope you have better luck with them then I.

I tie bumpers to my tower...the rear cleat is too low in the water for non Yamaha boats, and the front cleat is too far away for the bumper to even hit.

I recognize the weaknesses of any fender hanger @Boat Crazy , and yes, if your depending on anything that pulls or rolls the fender not pulling it loose, you will be disappointed. And if your going to raft...do NOT use any hanger, tie it off where it is completely secure. I carry spares, they can break, but they are FAST and good for normal fender placements.

I tie bumpers to my tower...the rear cleat is too low in the water for non Yamaha boats, and the front cleat is too far away for the bumper to even hit.
If I had a tower, that is what I would do. Since I don't, that is why I use the bimini.

@txav8r I used them and will never use them again. Was tied up with another member in a cove and a strong wave came in, plastic buckle broke, losing the fender and both boats got scratched up from railing bolts. I would not recommend to anyone. Hope you have better luck with them then I.

Where's the dislike button..... regretfully this was a trip that myself and a couple of other JBers were at.

@OperationROL @Julian

I see on YJB that you both installed Perko Fender Locks on your boats.

http://www.amazon.com/Perko-1299DP0CHR-Chrome-Marine-Fender/dp/B00144CTUU/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Did you just screw into your fiberglass or did you use bolt & nut or some other method?

I am fed up with both trying to reach the center cleat (not a tall guy) plus the lack of a natural stern mount point for fenders. Thanks, is advance.
predrilled holes and used screws. Did not use bolts.

Try these, there Fender Tender II and you can get them almost anywhere for about $10 for 2. I hang one of the top of the side window just above the throttles (or similar location on port side) and one and the grab rail by the rear bimini top post.

00393_01.jpg

00393_02.jpg

I second these. They are awesome and quick to install. Even my wife hangs them and has no issues :-)

Ditto what @OperationROL said. They are simple to use, but not as versatile as some of the other types. I put one on each side between the rear and middle cleats....where one always needs a fender.

Thanks!

Am I the only person who hangs fenders from the dock? Sometimes I have to use my tower, all my fenders have bungee dock lines tied on them and 9 times out of 10, the spacing of the dock cleats is right where I need them.

edit: must have been drunk when I wrote the rest of this.

Last edited:
I use something very similar to the stainless fender hangers by Perko and Taylor Made, it's actually from the Taylor Made bimini hardware line. It's used typically as a footing for bimini poles. It has a locking tab with a push-button release.

33714_L1.jpg
I ran the line under and tied it around the screw (which is secured with thread locker). The little metal thing a ma bob stays on the end of the line and just pops in when I want to throw a fender over. I have the base mounted on top of the gunwale at the end of the windshield. It's very low profile and nothing snags on it.

I usually leave the line attached and stow the fender right behind the driver seat. That way I can toss it out quickly if I need to. If I think of it, next time I'm out I'll snap a photo of the placement. :cool:

@Glassman , can you snag the listing for that mount on a website? That is the piece that the bimini extension snaps into. Bob @BravoMike bought a used bimini extension and had to find these, and I think he did from the Yammi dealer, PD, here, but having access to these would be ideal! Post up a link if you have one, I bet you do!

Back