• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Fender Locks, Fender Mounts, Fender Hangers

I use the Fender Tenders as well and they work great. I use four fenders and labeled them with permanent marker by the rope attachment with their locations: Fore, Mid-Fore, Mid-Aft, and Aft. This way the ropes can always be the proper length and as long as they're put in the same spot each time, others in the boat can put them out without having to adjust them. Plus it keeps the passengers aware of some nautical terms.

I put them in these locations and have had no problem with rubbing:

Attachments

• boat fender locations.jpg
    boat fender locations.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 50
@Glassman , can you snag the listing for that mount on a website? That is the piece that the bimini extension snaps into. Bob @BravoMike bought a used bimini extension and had to find these, and I think he did from the Yammi dealer, PD, here, but having access to these would be ideal! Post up a link if you have one, I bet you do!
I changed out the factory pin mounts on the aft bimini poles with those quick release. If you do this you will also have to get some type of holder for the bimini poles, I used the Yamaha clips item 20 http://www.partspak.com/productcart...BOAT)/BIMINI_TOP_//_CARPET_(FAT1100AJ_-_2010)

Those bimini quick releases are distributed by Accon Marine and can be bought a various online stores. Here is a link to the Accon Marine store, http://shop.acconmarine.com/products/63-401-quick-release.aspx

Those quick bimini latches are excellent, I am going to have to have a couple of those...fumbling with trying to balance the end of the pole between the feet and slip in the clevis pin is a process, and in the waves and wind it is more of a process. I can see the snap lock being a MUCH better arrangement, if it is capable of the same load as the manual pin/foot setup.

Those quick bimini latches are excellent, I am going to have to have a couple of those...fumbling with trying to balance the end of the pole between the feet and slip in the clevis pin is a process, and in the waves and wind it is more of a process. I can see the snap lock being a MUCH better arrangement, if it is capable of the same load as the manual pin/foot setup.
We warned you Mel. You said you were done spending after buying the boat. I think your list just keeps getting bigger and bigger. But we all know what BOAT stands for.

Well, Gary, your right! But you can't help but add to the pleasure of boating!

But I don't remember saying I was done, and that is my story and I am sticking to it!

While we are on this topic (sorry to highjack it, but it's related I swear!)...

There are times that I have to tie a line to the tower on the side (horizontal section of the tower), but I always have a hard time coming up with a knot that holds here (up and down) and is easy to release/adjust. Anyone have any suggestions? I have used a bowline knot in the past, just not sure if there is a different ones that you are using...

Not sure if the locking double half hitch works without a load on it, but you can try it. I would just throw a couple half hitches on each other, they are easy to remove and lock solid. But the double locking half hitch is what we used to use in the small airplane world to tie down our birds. Using two sets of these is solid as can be. Here is a video!
http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=616323497001

While we are on this topic (sorry to highjack it, but it's related I swear!)...

There are times that I have to tie a line to the tower on the side (horizontal section of the tower), but I always have a hard time coming up with a knot that holds here (up and down) and is easy to release/adjust. Anyone have any suggestions? I have used a bowline knot in the past, just not sure if there is a different ones that you are using...

Constrictor knot...if that doesn't hold try double constrictor knot. :cool:

550px-Constrictor-ABOK-1249.jpg

I use the Fender Tenders as well and they work great. I use four fenders and labeled them with permanent marker by the rope attachment with their locations: Fore, Mid-Fore, Mid-Aft, and Aft. This way the ropes can always be the proper length and as long as they're put in the same spot each time, others in the boat can put them out without having to adjust them. Plus it keeps the passengers aware of some nautical terms.

I put them in these locations and have had no problem with rubbing:

I do it pretty much the same.....except the terminology. I went with 1 thru 4 figured you really can't screw that up too bad....lol

Resurrecting this thread a little... Does anyone else feel that the cleat placement on Yamaha Jetboats is kind of off? I have such a time mooring my boat to docks, and I feel like I didn't had this problem with my Cobalt. It's bad enough that every dock is different for my boat to not have ideal docking cleat placement.

The goal for me it so buffer my boat from the dock, and I assume that my boat will be moored parallel to the dock and my fenders will be at 3/10 and 7/10 positions for the length of the length of the boat... That way I can moor my boat parallel the dock and the fenders will buffer my boat.

In this illustration it shows where I attach my cleats today and where I wish my fenders would be. You can see an obvious problem here and that my front fender has nothing on my boat to mount to (and don't say a suction cup, they cannot be trusted).

cleatsandfenders.gif

My rear fender has a place to hang it from, either the tower or the grab handle right there so that's less of an issue, but I have nothing for the bow of my boat. I see a lot of people put fenders up front off the grab raid, but they just don't hang out far enough to keep the side of the boat insulated from the dock... so do you hang 3 fenders? 4 fenders? ... seems excessive, you should only need 2.

Also... I like to have my fender lines double as dock lines, so I hang my fender and then use the rest of the line to attach to a dock cleat. This is what I did w/ my cobalt and it worked great. Now on my 242LS, I find myself using my fenders and their line just to hang them (and usually it doesn't put them quite where I want them to be, the front fender is usually too far forward) and then using other dock lines to attach my cleats to the dock cleats. I tried hanging my fenders horizontal (parallel of the water) and that's a mess, don't try it - it doesn't work out unless the dock is super tall.

In an ideal world, when you pull up to a dock you'll have your fenders already hanging and a dock line that's ready to go. ... it makes me feel like we only have 1 cleat that's in the right spot for a fender (midship cleat)... so I must be missing something as to why Yamaha picked the spots they did for cleat placement. There has to be a method to this perceived madness.

Where's the dislike button..... regretfully this was a trip that myself and a couple of other JBers were at.
I was on that trip too... Oh Yea, I was tied up to @Boat Crazy. The fiberglass guys made a pretty penny on both of us that week.

Back